Totaly virtual production

M

MrHectic

I would really like to know what PC applications are the best when it comes to producing music on your PC.

I have a few contacts in a large production company and have therefore managed to get my hands on Fruity Loops, cubase, cool edit pro and AG satelite. I have done some producing with these applications but i would appreciate and advice on similar of better applications that i could use.

Also i't would be helpfull if someone could tell me exactly what programs should be used for each part of the production process.

Thanks in advance.

MrHectic
:cheers:

Hahahaha.... ag satellite? I'd love to hear a song you made with that application... lol!!!

Anyways, you have enoough to produce... fruityloops or cubase for sequencing, and cool edit for sample trimming/ mastering etc.

What applications would you advise that i get next

thanks

Someone will probably recommend that you get Reason, but I think that you have what you need. With Cubase and Fruity, you have to quality sequencers. All you need now is some quality plugins, both effects and instruments.

does anyone know where i can find good plugins and samples for producing drum n' bass/uk garage?

thanks

I woudl suggest getting Izotope OZone for putting some polish on your productions....... it's one of the cheaper and simpiler mastering programs... plus it sounds great! :D

I personally never liked cool edit... so for waveform editing, I'll suggest getting Sonic Foundrys Sound Forge 6.... this package also includes some pretty decent effects.

so you've got some polish, a sequencer, and a wvaeform editor.... get some good VSTis ...... (fruity 3.55 can be a VST!!!!) also the new edition of Computer Music magazine has a bunch of god VSTs, and they walk you through making a whole track with them.
Check out KVR http://www.kvr-vst.com/ they have tons of freeware/ shareware VSTs ....

If you've got the money to spend, pick up Absynth or FM7 from native Instruments. btoh are very good softsynths

Galacitboy knows where it's at!!
Buzzzz!!!!

A virtual wonderland of processing fun....

Totally virtual production, huh?

I just hold a blank CD-R up to my forehead and beam the music onto the disc directly.

I haven't read the thread -- but oftentimes the best way to understand the proper functioning of a software tool is to have the manual -- and occasionally even access to customer support.

Of course, that would mean paying for the software you're using. (As a software guy myself, I'm all too painfully aware what a quaint notion this seems to some folks.)

Good luck.

Back