taking suggestions on hardware to go with what i have so far

jerzilla

So far i have a laptop and some technic 1200s w/ a ****ty mixer.

I'm thinking about getting some hardware to interface with my software programs and just thought i'd post up a thread to see if anyone had any suggestions for me.

I want to be able to hook up a 1200 for sampling purposes and i'm also looking for some hardware interface to improve workflow. I dont feel natural trying to program patterns into the software through the keyboard and mouse, whereas i can easily tap it or press buttons to the rhythms i come up with.

Right now i'm thinking about one of the M-Audio usb controllers with pads on it or MPC and keyboard seperate. Also will eventually be getting studio monitors and a better sound card.

Any suggestions on what route i should go?

Feedback is appreciated!

get an mbox pro and an axium midi controller by m audio ( keys would depend if you can play the piano ) ... With this setup Youll have pro tools le ....... reasons and basically you can lace strings with the midi controller and stomp beats on the pads...... Then get some reason refills and you will be set. I had a setup like that a lil while ago and it was all you need for a while .

Drizzo said:
get an mbox pro and an axium midi controller by m audio ( keys would depend if you can play the piano ) ... With this setup Youll have pro tools le ....... reasons and basically you can lace strings with the midi controller and stomp beats on the pads...... Then get some reason refills and you will be set. I had a setup like that a lil while ago and it was all you need for a while .

Thanks dude,

looking into the Mbox2... maybe i can snag one off ebay.

Those Axiom controllers look pretty good - but I do wonder how good those pads are. I suspect they wouldn't be nearly as MPC-like as the Akai MPD16 controllers ones, which is purely a MIDI pad-controller - for $99 new.

Thats always another option, you could get a nice MIDI keyboard controller for your melodies etc, and a MIDI pad controller for your drum programming.

the m audio pads are softer than the akai pads .... They both have a diff feel . I like them both .......

Back