Stuff!!!!!!

T

tmp

Ok this is what I got right now:

Alienware Computer w/ dual 3.06 ghz processors, 3 gb ddr ram.

M-Audio Delta 1010

Digidesign MBOX

E-Mu Mo Phatt Module

E-Mu B3/Protozoa Module

Edirol MA-10DBK Monitors

Marshall MXL 990 Condensor Mic

Oxygen 8 MIDI Controller

I'm looking for some new gear. I'm planning on getting a Roland Fantom S this summer, but until then, anyone recommend any powered monitors that are around 100 watts and under 600 bucks? Or any other gear I should consider? Help me out. thanks.

Your got more gear than alot of us could even dream of..give your money to the homeless or something :)

haha i juss got most of this stuff in the last few months...ive been upgrading like crazy cuz i used to only use fruity loops, now im expanding, looking to make professional music. fruity loops works, but the sounds were getting really old and there was a lot of limitation. right now im juss tryin to make the best music i can, i kno i can make good music without good gear, but i wanna take it to the next level, and have a lot of sounds and precise monitoring available to me.

Check out the new KRK Rokit powered 8s. US$500.

I listened to the 5s next to a bunch of other monitors and, though they might have their faults (dunno what they are) I bought a pair of Rokit powered 5s. US$300.

-Hoax

mungo said:
Stop spending money and just make music!

co-sign just because you have expensive gear doesn't mean you'll make hot beats.

jackpot777 said:

co-sign just because you have expensive gear doesn't mean you'll make hot beats.

Well it really helps to have a large selection of sounds and a decent system of monitoring ur music. before i had this, i was using consumer headphones and my car stereo to monitor. i used every sample i could find, and almost always fell short of the sounds i was looking to find to fit the song i was trying to make. i realize that it takes more than a wallet to make good music, but it definitely takes more than limited samples to be able to create music freely.

tmp said:

Well it really helps to have a large selection of sounds and a decent system of monitoring ur music. before i had this, i was using consumer headphones and my car stereo to monitor. i used every sample i could find, and almost always fell short of the sounds i was looking to find to fit the song i was trying to make. i realize that it takes more than a wallet to make good music, but it definitely takes more than limited samples to be able to create music freely.

Well you could just get one piece of equipment and load it full of sounds instead of all that extra stuff....But hey it's you rmoney not mine so do whatcha like.

mungo said:
Stop spending money and just make music!

Easier said than done. When I was building up my studio in the early 90s it took me months to settle down and start recording again.

Is the Roland Fantom S as good as it seems? I've heard the onboard sounds aren't as fresh as those on the Triton, but everything else seems good to me: 61 keys, MIDI I/O, MPC-style drum pad, sampler w/timestretch, large selection of onboard sounds...seems like it's got everything I'm missing. Anyone got one of these?

tmp said:
Is the Roland Fantom S as good as it seems? I've heard the onboard sounds aren't as fresh as those on the Triton, but everything else seems good to me: 61 keys, MIDI I/O, MPC-style drum pad, sampler w/timestretch, large selection of onboard sounds...seems like it's got everything I'm missing. Anyone got one of these?
i got one. PM me if you got any specific questions about it

tmp said:

I have the original Fantom, and the sounds are pretty nice. The only thing that lacks a bit are the drum kits (well, the kicks really) but you can edit individual sounds so that's not too much of a limitation either.

You must be getting a lot done because one workstation/sound module will take some time to really get boring with the amount of sounds packed in nowadays.

If you do purchase some new gear, and if you don't know this already, I'd check out the prices in the Full Compass catalog, www.fullcompass.com .....they list prices high...but you just have to call....they are generally alot cheaper than alot of the other catas. and stores.....I purchased my MPC4000sd and a Berhinger Eurodesk 9000 through them....and if you're not comfortable w/ going through a catalog then get hold of the actual catalog and take it to your retail store and the may call FC and match the price....I did that at GC and got 600$ off the Allen & Heath xone464....just throwing the idea out there.....this is if you're looking for new gear...saved me a bundle....I've used it as a coupon book in away a few times...peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Back