Studio treated headphones

Headphones are good for checking a mix against speakers, for checking when summing to mono, and for overall balance. One should not mix exclusively on headphones, but it never hurts to check them out vs. monitor speakers every once in awhile either.

That is on the mixing side. As far as tracking, they are used when a performer needs to hear themselves, but it would not be advantageous to have live monitors used in the room because this sound would leak into the microphone(s).

GJ

^Yup, also serves as another reference point, which is/are always useful even when you've got your listening environment sorted out - after all, a lot of your end users (ie. listeners) are going to listen on headphones.

Ah, congratulations! You have embarked on "the journey." My youngest of three sons is graduating high school this year. I still have a 12 year old daughter though, so we're in the game for quite some time.

Enjoy them while they're young; 0-3 are a lot of fun!

GJ

Ah, congratulations! You have embarked on "the journey." My youngest of three sons is graduating high school this year. I still have a 12 year old daughter though, so we're in the game for quite some time.

Enjoy them while they're young; 0-3 are a lot of fun!

GJ

Thanks! She's already turning out to be quite a percussionist...at the tender age of 1.5 years :D

Last edited:
Back