Studio ROom

Tommy88

Can someone tell me if a garage is a good place to record vocals. im thinking no, i've tried to isolate a corner in the garage, but i feel im catching too much other noise/vibrations

dimensions?

construction? single wall, double wall (outer wall only, inner and outer wall), brick, wood, plasterboard, combinations

Bleed points ~ cracks, airflow, etc under doors and through holes open windows?

open ceiling, flat ceiling?

The Recording Manual

It's a pretty big space to treat just for vocals, but I guess it could work. Now if you wanted to do a drum set or something, and you've got a budget to treat that big a space, go for it!

build a 4x4booth and use moving mats/carpet any cheap dense fabric to coat the inside of the booth be sure to treat the floor as well and it will be pretty cheap as far as materials go

Be sure to vote for bronxsta in the beat battle that's going on now (the link is in my sig) good lookin out

4x4 will be so boxy it is not funny. You need room for vocals to develop their dynamic range - if I were to build a vocal booth I would be using only two walls tied to an existing wall and the fourth side free. I'd also have an oblique angle (bigger than 90[sup]o[/sup]) between the existing wall and the first new wall and an acute angle (smaller than 90[sup]o[/sup]), not the complement of the first angle, between the second and third walls:

vbiagarage.png

Back