Which studio monitors to purchase.

i have the truths and for what i paid for them ($800 Australian) I cant complain. Sure they dont sound like the Makie HR8's but you get what ou pay for. If you want to compare specs between speakers it is a little hard with the behringers as the specs in the manual tell you nothing relevent at all so i would suggest to go out and listen to a few different sets of monitors before you actually buy them. let your ears decide for you.

I think you should buy first a pair of monitors (For example M-Audio BX5) and after if you need one - you should buy a subwoofer (M-Audio's subwoofer).

LX 4 is quite small system. The subwoofer has only 60 watts and I think that it's really underpowered. 8" woofer should have atleast 120W or more (my opinion... might be wrong). The only monitors I've heard from M-Audio is BX5 and I liked them. LX4 can't be much worse.

Truths are very powerfull, but the treble is quite odd. The titanium dome somehow "rings"... I don't know.. but they're 150% good for the price. And think they'd be better for mixing music.

But here's my tip: Don't trust any of the text you from the net. I've bought some products and been very disappointed, even though they said that they'd be good. Go to the shop - listen to some speakers and then decide.

I have the truths and i have to say im very happy with my investment. In my opinion if you get monitors at a size less then 8" your not going to get much bass out of them. So the better deal is clearly with the truths because there big enough to monitor bass with out having to buy an extra sub and there really cheap right now. Oh and isnt that m-audio lx4 system passive?

mackie hr8's are dough but if you got it they are dope
im not feelin studiophiles unless you have sub

event tr8's are well worth the money, slightly bottom heavy but studio philes have none. if you need louder ones theres higher powered version.

basically go listen to the speakers and buy what you like by how they sound

I bought the Alesis MK2's and have been real happy with them. I think they are in the same price range as the truth's. Ypu might want to take a look at them.

Back