Studio Monitor Stands?

Hey all,

So i'm looking for a pair of studio monitor stands to put my KRK Rokit RP6's on...

A while back I bought a set of Samson MS100's but they just toppled over when i put any weight on them.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Ultimate Support MS100's but i cant get my hands on a pair because im in the UK.

Has anyone got any suggestions or ideas?
Many thanks in advance,

George

Make your own? Working with wood is cheap and easy, i made a pair of speaker stands for a rokit 5 sized monitor and their really strong and steady. Use MDF for the base/top plate and a hardwood upright, 2 long screws each side, job done

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Ultimate Support JS-MS70 Adjustable Studio Monitor Stand Pair JSMS70 Jamstands
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I got those with the Auralex mopads and they haven't toppled over. I have the RP8G2 and they weigh [/FONT]26.5 lbs[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] and the 6's at [/FONT]19.4 lbs[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]. I will say they kind shake if you give the monitors a small push, but I suppose that's normal. They don't shake during playback of course.

Your stands shouldn't just topple over though. Make sure you use the allen wrench they give you and tightly screw everything in. I move the top surfaces all the time left or right.
[/FONT]

Alright thanks man i'll definitely give these a try.
Did you stick the mopads on with anything or did you just rest them on the stand?

Thanks alot,
George

Just rest them on the stand. The stands themselves are slightly padded with rubber on the top surface. Also Rokits have rubber at the bottom so they wouldn't move unless intentionally moved.

Hi George,

Check out the classic speaker stands by Argosy. Highly recommended! Built like a tank and great value for the money (They go for 169 USD if i am not wrong).

Phil

Back