Studio Headphones :::

B

Badtz

Wsa wondering if anyone had information between these headphones:

Beyerdynamics DT 150
AKG 240M
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro

I'm trying to decide between these & I'm finding it hard :(

They're going to be used to do composite mixing & for general mini-disc/cd player use......

thanks!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
These babies don't let in sound from outside nor leak out. I use them for composing. Supoib. :D

CZ

i will look into this one also :)

the 280 pro [sennheiser] looks sweet.... :)

Ok, let us know what you end up with.

CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
so after much debate, my situation is worse now..... my list of "possible" cans consists of about 10 now :(

i'll keep it posted here wut i end up with, and why....... :)

I'm gonna buy the 280 pro's... for dj'ing and producing

I have the Sony 7506 headphones and I love them.

(I fully comprehend the fact that you started this thread with a specific question and we went and made things more complicated for you... but think of it this way, you're now looking into more options.)

-Gene

Well, after a week of debate, my list is down to 5-6 and I'm including an amp onto the list now :)

Why is it that I make things a zillion times more complicated than it actually is? oh well ..................

also, why do headphones gotta be so ugly ? :rolleyes:

They aren't ugly but, that's a personal prefrence anyway. If you'll be plugging them into a mixer you won't need an amp.

Again the cans i use are the Sony 7506 - the same used by most recording studios, Moby, Liquid Todd, Larry King, Christina Agulera (in whatever studio she was), Celene Dion, the list goes on.... a **** load of djs use them as well.

-Gene

headphones

Hey Soldier, (or anyone else for that matter) will those Sony headphones keep the sound from filtering out when recording vocals? I always hear the music in the background coming from the headphones when I listen to my vocals in acappella.

ksmad1::: i would assume you'd need close-back headphones, so the sound doesn't filter out through the air chambers on the ear cups on the headphones :)

there's a couple that i'm considering @ the moment, but still no 100%! :(

I have the Seinheiser HD 280's They are nice.. Get them, your mixes will thank you

I have the HD280. They are great but a bit big and heavy...
They are pretty cheap and have really good quality.
I never heard bad thing about their quality and sound!

Kind of sad but..........

to this day, I'm still trying to narrow down my headphone choices :(

Looking @ a custom-made headphone amp [portable] & a good pair of closed back headphones........

errr.............

will re-post when my mission is complete :)

I've got the AKG 240M and I'm happy with the results I get with them. When I'm not using headphones, I use Behringer Truths and am able to acheive similar results with either. I say go with whatever is commonly used in the industry. That way, you can be confident that if it sounds good on your headphones it'll sound good on a lot of other peoples systems.

On a side note, I find on my AKGs and my Truths that I always have to envision how the bass will sound on a system with a sub woofer. Usually I end up having to boost the bass after testing it out. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I get a studio sub?

Anheuser said:
On a side note, I find on my AKGs and my Truths that I always have to envision how the bass will sound on a system with a sub woofer. Usually I end up having to boost the bass after testing it out. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I get a studio sub?

Good question. I also have a problem hearing bass:( I'm almost ready to go get a P.A. system for my room so I can get some volume for chris sake's:( I know I should be able to do it with studio monitors, but I feel like I need to FEEL the music the way you do at a club or something.

jizzer

I have some DT100's. The'yre only £85, and they give you a really flat uncoloured sound. Really good for doing stuff at night when people are sleeping. They also don't let much sound out (or in) which is good when youre recording a vocalist

Back