Studio or DJ?

WOW

That is really cool...

But it's just abotu $200 more than I was planning on spending.. :cry:

But I was planning on my next purchase prolly being a good soundcard...

I have a Turtle Beach santacruz card right now... highest upgrade on my dell 8100 Dimension...

I jsut spent the rest of this evning researching the sound card, and this system... here is a great link if anyone else is intereste din it.. http://musicinit.com/roland.html

I Emailed portland music company... and unfortunatly it won't work under XP..(i run XP pro).. so it looks like I'm out of luck...

BUt it's ok... becasue I still can get the mixer, and run it with logic (vise-versa)....

This is not a multi track recorder is it?... so i won't be able to record differant instruments into thier own tracks would I?

Ex: vocals in track1.. bass in track 2... etc.. and have it record into Logic under audio 1... than audio 2..... etc...?....

It isn't a multitrack recorder because you can't record into it,but the rbus allows you to run 8 seperate ins so essentially with logic it would be a multitrack.W xlr too!!! Xp has a function that lets you run programs in compatability mode for win95,98 etc...That might help out.....but that's not my forte'

Hmm.. interesting....

That compatability mode would be very nice... but I get the feeling that I won't want to run in it all the tiem... and if I'm using it so that I can get that sound card... I'll prolly be in that mode all the time... I just think that I'd be spending alot of money for somethign that isn't made to work right.... :(

For now my sound card should suffice... I don't really need to have 24/96 quality...but it would be nice to start getting gear that can support it hwen the time comes and I do need to be "able" to utilize that :D

Back