Studio DESKS??

deep'n'dark

High Skilled Producer
I might want to buy a decent studio-desk to get a maximum pleasure, when making music. I consider building one myself, at least then I could precisely get a spot-on working desk for my needs. But, if you know a place over a net, that sells em, then I'd be keen to check em out too. It would not make sense to order a pre-built one from America as example, but maybe someone builds/sells them in parts that I could construct then??

Right now I have a white PC-Desk, but my midikeyboard should be at lower level in height. I haven't googled anything yet as i was thinking to ask you first.

But: Here's an idea, maybe there's a desk that wasn't made for music purpose, but it works like a charm?
And I might want to throw 250€ maximum for a studio-desk.

There are a lot of choices; I'd do some more research first because there really are almost too many options. There are actual "studio desks" (not to be confused with what is often called "the desk" in larger studios, which is the same as "the console," "the mixing board," "the mixer," or "the mixing desk"). These tend to be pretty expensive though and I have no idea about kits. There are a lot of options for computer desk/office furniture that might work, and you may want to go as simple as one or two standard, flat work tables (which is what we use at The Sonic Vault). So there are lots of options, and as you said, maybe it would be even better to spend the budget you have allotted on building something yourself, or seeing if a local carpenter can make something to your specifications.

GJ

Those are both nice. I've got my eye on an antique desk on LetGo; waiting to see how low the price will drop.

GJ

I made my own custom desk from steel and wood. cost me less than 150 dollar. If you're handy i would suggest building something custom that fits your gear and workflow.

There's a company called Zaor that makes custom desks and stands etc.. but they're probably out of your price range. Thomann has some nice stuff like the StudioRTA and they're a bit cheaper.

Then there's the DIY route.. wood doesn't cost that much and you can knock together something really cool if you're good with the saw, or use parts from old furniture etc. 2nd hand office desks can go for cheap too and are sturdy as well and house all sorts of things nicely.

I personally use a dining table.

i use a pretty spacious office desk that doesn't have any levels. i don't believe in having levels to improve speaker-to-ear aucoustics because the human ears are complex enough to be able to hear in stunning quality as is. simple stands on a flat table will give you the entire production-level desk you could possibly want. also, when shopping, i wouldn't aim for the tiny desks with tiers. i used to have a tiny desk for years, even prior to producing, and it was miserable.

[h=1]JamStands JS-SW300 Studio Workstation[/h] ive got his and it works perfect for everything i need. not sure how big your setup is though.

Back