soundfonts

T

truth77

Hey y'all, I have the rgc soundfont player. it came free on a disc that i bought(i think it's free anyway). i've never used it though. it just sits in my list of vst's in cubase. my question is what is a soundfont? is it better than a sampled instrument? if so why?

i found this site: www.sf2midi.com with a bunch of soundfonts but haven't downloaded any b/c i'm not sure if i'd even use 'em.

mod, if this is the wrong forum i'm sorry. couldn't figure out where to put it and didn't want to double post

whoa! that was a lot of information. i think i understand. as intricate as it sounds like they are i'm guessing they producer better quality sounds? is that right?

at work right now. i'll have to check em out when i get home. thanks though!

soundfonts quality depends on the quality of the wav files that were used to create them

garbage wavs in garbage soundfont out

quality wavs in , then quality soundfonts out

How can I see all my soundfonts in Cubase's bank manage screen the way you can see them in FL Studios ?
Because all I see is a list of 4MB GMGSMT. So I guess the question is,
does Cubase have a soundfont folder?

Thanks..

i think soundfonts are cool, even if the samples used arent so great. cuz you have an adsr and some basic control, and you can usually change the pitch without any artifacts. the range in quality has been, to me at least, pretty similar to the range youll find in regular samples though. i wish there was a larger variety of quality soundfonts.....for free.....ha.

peace.

Back