soundcard/multitrack question...

H

HyperFocus

This may have been asked on here recently, but due to my massive ignorance on the subject I wouldn't even know it! :) So, apologies if this post is redundant...

Okay, is there a way to use a realtime effects processing program (I'm using audiomulch) in one window....while recording the separate layers to CoolEdits multitrack in the background?

Basically, I've got one loop playing, but going through about 5 effect boxes simultaneoously. The program allows me to assign each effect it's own channel...

...so, if each effect has it's own channel, then I can have cooledit record each channel seperately, right?
And, furthermore, if this IS possible - I assume I need a multichannel soundcard. If so, where's a good place to look for one?

Thanks!
-[H]

I think I know what you're talking about. You want the output of the channel with an effect to come back into the computer and record? Personally if that's what you're trying to achieve that seems pointless because you can just save the process into a wav file. Yes it is possible and it might take up a lot of system resources. That's why I think it seems pointless.

If only audiomulch had a system like Rewire, which it doesn't. You could do it with a multichannel soundcard. Have a look at the waveterminal cards or if you have the cash, check out the m-audio delta 1010.

stkee phl0 was right about streaming the audio to a wav file and then importing it into cool edit. Its faster, cheaper and less of a pain in the ass.

Back