Which soundcard to choose?

2loop

Hi! I'm going to make a PC-based sampler with Steinberg Halion 2.0. And now I'm in card selection process. PC- AMD Athlon XP 2.0GHz, 1Gb RAM, 40Gb SCSI HDD, DVD-RW Teac. I need 8-16 digital output channels in ADAT, 3Msec latency max, 24bit/48KHz output, 8 input channels ADAT, ASIO support. I already have Yamaha DAC and Mackie 1604VLZ Pro mixer for outputs and recording. I need help on choosing soundcard from this list:
1) RME DIGI9636
2) SEK'D Prodif A
3) Event EZ8
4) Yamaha AX16AT

RME DIGI9636?

Or what else can you advice me?
Thank you.

STAY AWAY FROM THE PRODIF!!!

The RME is your best bet as it has a really good rep. I've used the 9652 and muliface and have never had any troubles.

The Prodif on the other hand, well I've used 4 different ones and has massive problems.

1st up the yamaha AX16AT is the expansion card for the DS2416 Factory series card. That card will never ever get latency that low.

Definitely RME - but not that old verion one. Either get the HDSP9652 or the Digiface.

I was about to buy a Motu 896HD in a few days and I came the RME HDSP9652

I understand that its not a A/D converter and I would need one & I really like the rosetta but I came across the new Onyx800 from mackie...
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04/Content/Mackie/PR/Onyx-800R.html

It doesnt say if its a converter but looking at the specs I think it might be possible to use it...Can any one help me wit the info I need??

Right now I'm using the 24/96 soundcard and my monitors are connected to the outs of the soundcard...How would I connect my monitors to the RME HDSP9652 via SPDIF???

Thanks in advance...

Back