sound proofing

R

Ravinder Singh

will i be able to sound proof by using carpet?
by putting it everywhere in a littile booth.

No, it won't even think about working. Sound proofing is all about density and isolation. So for example, building a room within a room. If you mean Acoustically treating, so that the room sounds nice, the answer is still no, and you would need acoustic purpose foam, such as the standard acoustic tiles found all over the net.

No, it won't even think about working. Sound proofing is all about density and isolation. So for example, building a room within a room. If you mean Acoustically treating, so that the room sounds nice, the answer is still no

Even though this thread is 10 years old (wow!), I agree. However...

you would need acoustic purpose foam, such as the standard acoustic tiles found all over the net.

Acoustic foam can help with mid/high frequency issues, but like carpet it does not provide enough treatment for the low end of the spectrum. The test we did on foam vs. our standard 244 Bass Trap show a real world example of the difference: gikacoustics.com/news_020912.html

its always best to go with MDF, Sheetrock, Fiberglass Stacks. Even if it becomes a really thick wall. And also building a room within a room helps if you have the room

sound proofing is really very interesting experience that I like most. if you want to prove better sound performance you must have knowledge how to increases and reduce the sound quality according to the specific need in the studio.

Back