Sound Proof materials - What do I REALLY need?

flagrant

Hey all,

I am in a dilema.. I need to set up a studio and I have been looking into sound proof materials, but to buy material to cover my entire studio would set me back around $1,000AUD. So I have been looking into other alternatives, ie. Eggshell foam as it will slightly diffuse the sound, but I do know that there is more to it than just that. Is there another form of material that will diffuse the sound that I can put underneath the eggshell foam? I know that this subject has been brought up before in previous threads(as well as the little instructional write-up that someone did), but unfortunately, it has not really been covered well enough for me. I was wondering if people could post some specific materials to purchase (and what not to purchase) as well as giving their testimony on what worked for them and what DIDNT work for them.
Also, my studio is a 3m x 6m room. What can I do to reduce the harmonics issue?

I look forward to your replies :-D

Peace,

Flagrant

The way The Crystal Method does it? They have a house next to the 210 where they converted the garage into the studio and as you can see in "Better Living Through Circuitry" the trick is "two different thicknesses of drywall". Never tried it. give it a whirl :)

Back