Sonar Installation Problem

Smokin Les Paul

I'm having a problem getting my copy of SONAR to install. It keeps telling me that I need to install DirectX 8.1, but I have DirectX 9 on my computer already, so it should be backwards compatable, according to Microsoft's website. So when I click on the install and reboot, it comes right back up to the same point, and never allows me to get past and go on with the installation.

It's a bootlegged version of Sonar, that I downloaded. I even downloaded a second copy of it, and got the same thing. I'm running a 3 month old Alienware 2.4 Gig computer, with no known problems. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Last edited:
Smokin'

You can get a free official demo of Sonar on the Cakewalk.com site.

From that you should be able to tell if you want to spend the money on it.

Cheers.

:)

What you need to do it uninstall Directx9 and try installing the Sonar then. You can do this by searching for "Directx9 Uninstaller" on the net, or if you created a roll-back point when installing Directx9 in XP (I assume) you can just roll back to the previous version of Directx...

Anyway, Sonar will not recognize the DirectX9 as a "valid" version during installation... you gotta go back to 8.1 or so.

Smokin Les Paul said:
It's a bootlegged version of Sonar, that I downloaded. I even downloaded a second copy of it, Thanks

And you're not ashamed of admitting it in puiblic?

Back