sonar 3 mixdown

Bandaid117

i am new at computer recording, and i just got sonar 3. ive recorded a song for my band. but i dont know how to mixdown to mp3. help is appreciated

You know if it's one thing I don't understand about those knuckleheads over at cakewalk, is why they didn't include the ability to export to mp3?? I mean you can import an mp3 easy as pie, but with cakewalk, You have to buy another program to export to mp3.

try getting a copy of creative playcenter, it converts all types of audio files, u can get it when u buy the soundblaster extigy 24/96k card and it comes with a remote good deal for 99 bucks and the card allows more types of inputs and 5.1 outputs, just a thought and considering how much stuff you get, or try some of the media players on ur pc...i think my music match player has a converter somewhere....

thanks. ive asked that question on other forums sites and some guy tried to get me to reformat my harddrive, stating that, that was the right way to turn it to mp3. im glad you guys arent dicks. are there anyother programs you recommend?

i have no idea about Sonar... but i guess it MUST be able to create a final mixed down wav file. If so then here's two progs that are free & top quality :)

the 1st one is the best wav to mp3 prog i've found & i've done a LOT of searching... the CBR128 preset is great for getting your files ready for Soundclick etc

http://winlame.sourceforge.net/

this nest prog will also covert wav>>mp3>>mp3>>wav
plus it rips CDs to either & is free & works well.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

hope that helps :)

MM

I have sonar 3... I usually export the audio as a wav file and mix it down to MP3 format in Soundforge...

Soundforge is good for final mix downs for any format just because it allows you to touch up any imperfections, imo.

thanks, but hey. i know that im goin to sound like an idoit. but exactly HOW do i turn my current songinto a wav file?

:D

There should be an option somewhere under the "file" menu to mix down to wav. It may just be called mixdown or may not be under the file menu at all, but that could be a starting point. I'm not really familiar with Sonar but I would think some things are similar to Cubase. If not that and you can't find it, check under the help file for sonar.

...in sonar3 its actually under "file" and "export"... then drop down to "audio" (or ctrl-E. woohoo keybindings!). after that, you get to choose your format which you want your song to be in the section "filetype". now, here, you could mixdown your track in wav, etc and WEYHEY! mp3!

hope it goes well! post the link to your band's song here when you're done if ya want :)

:) for a start you should learn to RTFM...however, I know some ppl just dont have the patience nor the persintance to do so... and that's why we are here for. Under file - export - audio

good luck

this thread helped me out too...

i just had to second the 'no one being a dick' on this site!
Rock On!
:cheers:

Back