Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Samplers: Sound Forge vs Others

Thanks

Soft Samplers: Sound Forge vs Others

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am looking into getting a soft sampler to work with Reason 2.5 because I haven't been able to effectively sample short clips with reason itself. I was looking at Sound Forge because some other folks were speakinghighly of it, but was wondering if there is anything else someone else might suggest. Let me know if you have had success with anything you use.

hhh

ps: I get a teachers discount so price is not a huge issue unless it's a grand for the program to begin with.

Thanks
    SoundForge has become my primary sample-editing tool.

It's great.

Just make sure you buy the full version, and not the new "ScreenBlast" version.

Thanks
    Do note that SoundForge isn't really what usually is referred to as a "soft sampler"; it's a wave/sample editor, and doesn't offer the functions you'd expect from a sampler. Just so you know what you're getting.

It's my primary wave editing tool also, highly recommended.

Thanks
    Sound Forge is a one of my all time favourite audio editors, i used it for many years.

These days i use cool edit pro because its functionality is almost identical to sound forge, i just prefer the interface. Not sure if you're planning on multitrack audio recording but cool edit pro has a multitracker built in. Its extremely basic and not to be recommended for serious audio production. Its a nice addition to an audio editor though.

I haven't used the latest editions of soundforge so i can't offer my opinions on it. I can only comment on cool edit because i know it well.

I use CEpro mainly for sampling out of longs pieces of music i record into it. I find its really easy to locate, select and chop out good samples and loops. It has a fairly useable range of effects and filters and a really good dynamics processor(compression) which i use all the time.

Maybe check out a demo of CEpro before purchasing Soundforge, but either way you can't go wrong. Both are really solid apps.

peac.
    Paul Rez
    [img]http://www.humanizer.co.za/humanizer.gif[/img]
    www.humanizer.co.za

Thanks
    i use sonud forge and its great i often use it with recycle aswell for reason to make chops and resequence samples
    http://www.soundclick.com/illvilleproductionz

Thanks
    Helena, does the NN19 or XT not appeal to you as it's generic to Reason?

Thanks
    I like the samplers Reason comes with but I want to be able to mport samples from my vinyl stacks to make my beats a little more original. I tried using Recycle but it is looking for at leaat 1 measure loops so little samples don't work.

I read the manual and couldn't find a place where you could use the Reason Samplers to import new stuff. Please correct me if I am worng.

hhh

Thanks
    if all u want is cut the audio (take parts out), then try searching for a free wav editor... and you CAN do this with recycle.. put markers around what u want, delete the other sections u dont want, export to wave.. ive done it

Thanks
    Yeah you can but Recycle always wants me to define my samples as 1 measure or more so it can set tempo. If I am sampling a horn hit it doesn't make sense to call it a measure. I got one of those wave editors and i think it could work well for what I need. thanks

mk

Thanks
    soundforge to sample and/or add effects

acidpro to piece the sound together with unlimited tracks. If I'm not mistaken Reason only gives you 24 tracks.
    TYREE D.'s SOUNDCLOUD
    Originally posted by j-traxx
    lol. he's the perpetually paying tourist that never leaves.
    ่ไทร๊รักไทย

http://www.hercon.se/sabailo2.jpg

Thread Information