Smoking Around Gear

OK gentlemen.

Lets recap on what we have learnt today shall we…

Grammatical anomalies lead to minor confrontation

Smoking leads to '****' fights!

:confused:

Damn that ****ing bad language filter!!

Damn the ****er to hell!

I should be ****ing allowed to shout '**** bugger arsehole piss **** fart' if I so desire and to be frank, I think it is offensive that whilst I am striving to be creative vocally, I am held back by the pissing filter.

Why can't I say '****'?

Can someone tell me that?

When used in the context as I have in my previous post I clearly meant male chicken although granted the pun was most definately intended.

I mean really...is there also a 'bad pun filter'?

Is that why my attempt at humour was shrouded by asterix?

Not to start you guys fighting again, but I tune cars for a job, and when someone comes in and tells you that their CD player is broken, it is pretty easy to tell whether or not they are heavy smokers after pulling the deck out of the dash. The buttons do get this really gross **** stuck all around them, and sometimes it is enough to make bitchy car audio components stop working. I think it is up to the person whether or not they want to smoke in their studio, and most professional production is probably built strongly enough to handle it, but I would still never think of smoking in my studio. You should find to people who live close together with a similar piece of gear and do a head to head. Not scientific, but it would hopefully inform us a little better.
-Peasant Nikon

FoE – Yes, I am a veteran nearing 30!

Still young at heart but that's possibly the drugs…

Personally, I believe that our age is a positive factor as the older we get, the less inclined we are to take constructive criticism personally and I also used feel that I should maybe find a 'dirction' with my music and not compose all these differing genres but now I don't really give a sh*t. Why conform?

Music is expressive and should not be stifled by forcing the composer down a certain genre route.

If it helps, one of my collaborators is 32…

Thathidge,
I agree, the age is a good thing. I think you can hear maturity in music. (I'm not saying that music composed by younger producers is immature, so no flames please.) I'm just starting to feel time nipping at my heals, and it doesn't help matters any that everyone on this board is 15-23. Then again, Fat Boy Slim is an old Fukk if I'm not mistaken.

D

Absolutely correct Fumb.

Most of the UK's top dance DJ's are in their 30s and 40s as well.

Chemical Brothers are both in their 30s as I understand is Liam Howlett…need I go on?

So you see Fumb, there is hope for us yet…

So I figured I got started at just about the right time. The nice thing about this particular genre is that we don't have to look good. No one ever sees us. So in 10 years when I'm old and ugly, I can still be doing this and not have to worry about my image.

D

Yeah totally agree.

I've been in bands on and off for about 11 years and one thing I've never really looked forward is playing live gigs. It feels great when you've played that opening number and got a rapturous crowd response after but if you don't get that response after the first track I find you don't settle into the gig.

I'd much rather make music like this to which people can attach a name but not necessarily a face and I think that this way, people have to form their initial opinion based on the music and not how 'grrrreat' you look (Britney…).

Don't like me because I look great, like me because I make great music and I'm generally a nice guy…:)

Back