Small Booth

Adlib311

Umbrella Music Group
Hey wassup ya'll, im currently in the process of moving and the place im moving to has no place for me to make a booth in, i usually used my closset here at my old house and it works well,

But now i need to design sumthin small, and that can be taken down and put away, to use as my booth

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can Buy to make a lil circlar wall, that i can drape quilts on, to make a minor booth for now, what woul dyou guys recomend?

you'd be better off just recording in an open space with some treatment than to try and make a small booth. You would have some serious low end acoustic problems.

^ word. i used to have a little booth in the corner, and i finally just got some acoustic treatment in the room and opened things up... its not the same as having a professional booth, but its much better than a small homemade one.

Glenn's (GIK) units *are* bass traps. It's Illbruck and Auralex (etc.) that don't touch the lows.

Problem with a "closet" type room is that it's so small, once you get enough traps in there to handle the horrifically terrible resonances, there's no room to do simple things...

Like standing.

Otherwise, you're normally MUCH better off treating a corner well and using gobos OUT from the corner and singing into them. The (lower) lows will pass through into the room and disperse to a point before bouncing back (weaker) as opposed to trapping them in a tiny space (at a higher frequency).

do they sell those in europe, i'm busy with a small home studio of a friend who could use some of those glenns.

the issue there is 220 till 240 hz, so they will fit the need i think.

is in irregular plywood, raw old brickstones full of damage holes (partly covered by the plywood), and 2 concrete walls we need to work on. the floor is thik carpet, and the ceiling is an old wood construction (the former floor of the floor above, but they made a concrete new floor above it in a renovation.)

it's a souterrain in a medieval house in a very quiet street in my town we using.

MASSIVE Mastering said:
Glenn's (GIK) units *are* bass traps. It's Illbruck and Auralex (etc.) that don't touch the lows.

\
That's even better! Wow and there so much cheaper than Illbruck and Auralex.

Well the thing is the place im moving to is one bedroom, so im gonna have to use a corner, im gonna get sum bass traps and sum acoustic foam, but do i have to necesarly cover the room? or just the corner werethe mic will be facing, maybe if i drop a blankt behin the artist you think that would work well? im very limited here, i meen i dont even have a closset!

Ok i think im gonna buy 2 panells right now, and place the on the corner of each wall, in the corner that im using for the the mic, then i will get another onw with a stand to put behind the artist, Do you think that is enough? or will wrk?

Adlib311 said:
Well the thing is the place im moving to is one bedroom, so im gonna have to use a corner, im gonna get sum bass traps and sum acoustic foam, but do i have to necesarly cover the room? or just the corner werethe mic will be facing, maybe if i drop a blankt behin the artist you think that would work well? im very limited here, i meen i dont even have a closset!
Do mean a bedroom + living room, etc,, or one big room, like an effenciency apartment?

PrinceOfDarkness said:

DAMMIT!!! they raised their price!

before I think it was 2 GIK244 for 100.00, and 3 GIK242 for 100.00

they 1 GIK244 goes for 59.99
and 1 GIK 242 for 49.99!!!

damn, when business is going good don't people lower their price instead?!?!?
When were they that cheap??

I think they just moved into a much larger facility...

Don't say I didn't warn y'all... :bigeyes: These things were set to explode - and I think it's starting...

Right about...

Almost...

Now.

Back