Setup Questions...Need Help

B

Big Corleone

What up..? A couple of weeks back, I had a thread on how to hook some things up that I was getting. Now everything is almost up and running. Still got a couple of questions tho...

The pieces are:

Protools M-Box
Mackie 1202 Mixer
MPC
Laptop

MPC to Mixer
Mixer to M-Box
M-Box to Laptop
(Laptop to M-Box)*
(Mixer to MPC)*

*haven't done yet.

Anyway, when I try recording into Protools, I'm getting a small buzzing noise. Is there anyway I can get rid of that with my current setup?

Also, I just copped me a 2x2 Midisport. How will I be able to record into protools, track by track from the MPC? The way I'm doing it now, I just hit play on the MPC and record in protools. With the 2x2, can I sync it all up, so I can do everything in Protools?

When I get a mic (in the future), how will I be able to hook that up, so I can record vocals? So I can listen to the music while I lay the vocals out.

Thanks, lots of questions. But really need the help. Good look y'all.

i got 1/4 in plugs. are those unbalanced...? and how bout the connect setup....? if you got some time.

You can tell a balanced cable because it has a extra ring on it.

You can use midi to sync your mpc with pro tools. You use MTC. One you have the midi cables hooked up and PT recognizes the 2x2
you press shift 9 on the mpc- then go to the side that says sync out and change the mode to Midi Time Code, then change the frame rate to 30 and turn the section that say send MMC to on.

In PT go to setups/ and then goto peripherals/ and then machine control.
select enable and in the send to box select your midi port. Also make sure your ID is 127 and set your pre roll to 30 frames and then hit ok.

Then in your session on the transport bar press the midi button ( thats the one right over the conductor) now when you hit record in pro tools it should say "waiting for midi" and when you hit play on the mpc it will start.

As far as the mic, you just plug it into the mic pre and turn the phantom power on.

Hi Ive Just Read What Was Said And I Have An Mpc1000 And Am Trying To Hook Up With Pro Tools LE.......Ive Even Foned Up The Hotline But They Couldn't Help.....I Just Cant Seem To Sync The 2 Up........Ive Tried Everything On The MPC And The Settings On PT But MMC Doesnt sSeem To Be Working, Any Sugestion From People That Might Have Had A Simalar Problem Much Appreciated.....

Back