Thread: Setting up my studio (Midi/Audio Problems)

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a tascam us428 Workstation controller which has 4 in's and well as 2 midi i/o's

The problem I am having is how to set up Cubase VST 32 for recording midi and audio..

I need to know how to turn on the metronome.. I never hear it.

Also, I have native instruments B4 plugin, and Halion.. How do I use them in cubase.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    OK to start with make sure you've downloaded and installed the latest ASIO drivers from the Tascam site. For midi select 'Options'>'Midi Setup'>'System.....'
    Click 'Inputs' to choose your input device (you need to put a cross against everything that says US428).
    For audio select 'Options'>'Audio Setup'>'System.....' Assign the US428 as the ASIO device. (You'll probably want to adjust your buffer settings as well, but you can come back and do that when you see how your system is bearing up). Finally go to 'Options'>'Remote Setup'>'Setup....' Select 'Tascam US428' as the 'Remote', 'US428 Control Port' as the input and 'US428 Control Port' as the output.

To use VST instruments go to 'Panels'>'VST instruments'. Select the instrument you want to use. Then select the midi channel you want to use the VSTi on and change its output to 'B4' or 'Halion' or whatever. (To change the output of a channel open up the channel information by clicking on the triangle in the bottom left-hand corner of the arrange window. With the channel you want to change highligted there should be a little box that will, if you've followed the instructions above, say US428 port 1. Click on this and select the new instrument you want to use).

That's about all I can remember right now, but it should be a step in the right direction. I can't remember about the metronome, sorry.

KasioRoks

Thanks
    Thank Dude.. I really appreciate that..

Thread Information