Sampling from sound module with mpc via keyboard conrolled trigger

LANSTARR.COM

This is my set up (for purpose of my question, everything else is excluded):

Keyboard (doesnt matter which) -midi-> MPC2KXL -midi-> Sound Module (doesnt matter which)

All my intruments like bass, keys, etc I sequence with midi, using keyboard to play melody which is recorded into mpc, which then triggers the sound module. For the drums, I dont like to use the kits in the modules. I would like to sample the individual hits from the sound mod into mpc, and then sequence from mpc/pads. I just like to have my drums sounds sampled into the mpc.

The problem is that when I go to the sample mode on mpc, the midi response seems to stop. I press the keys on the keyboard, which should midi into to mpc and midi out to sound mod, but nothing happens.

Any way around this?

Lanstarr;
I actually do it the other way around though. I sample into Pro Tools or DSP Quattro using the MPC as the sequencer to trigger my synths's sounds. Then I convert and transfer those sounds into the MPC.

I also have a multi-plug midi interface, although that may or may not matter here.

Peace.

Last edited:
MIDI Keyboard--->Module[Audio out]---> MPC[Audio In]

?? perhaps??

^^^ im not a rook

sound module (and all my other sources) -audio-> mixer -audio-> MPC2KXL

I thought we could assume that.

homershines said:
Lanstarr;
I actually do it the other way around though. I sample into Pro Tools or DSP Quattro using the MPC as the sequencer to trigger my synths's sounds. Then I convert and transfer those sounds into the MPC.

I also have a multi-plug midi interface, although that may or may not matter here.

Peace.

Right now my work around is to trgger the sounds and record em into Wavlab. Then in turn, I either sample from PC out to mpc, or load up the wav files to a zip disk (using my internal zip in my pc), or even burn em to cdrom and load up up with my scsi cdrw.

But I am kinda hoping there is just a way to enable the mpc to still send and receive midi while in sample mode.

LANSTARR.COM said:
^^^ im not a rook

sound module (and all my other sources) -audio-> mixer -audio-> MPC2KXL

I thought we could assume that.

My bad Lan, you have to admit..it does sound like a rook question..:D and from the way youve described the setup, it seems you already knew the answer to ur own question..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back