RS7000 + what = Home Studio?

H

homeboyJim

I just pre-ordered an RS7000 , and was wondering what else I need to go along with it. While I have played around on other people's home studios (just a litte!), I really do not know what I need to go along with it to really start to be able to produce my own tracks.

I am a little strapped for cash since laying down the money for the RS7000, so it would be cool if you guys could let me know what I should get first, what I should get down the road... etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
Jim

quite frankly I think you're going to have a great time with this machine.

Maybe you can get a cheap FATAR CMK-149 keyboard controller to "play" with your rs7000 with a keyboard.. Its only 100 US dollars.

Other than that... i think you should be all set. Later you can buy a good synthesizer maybe, and you can sequence it from the RS7000.

have fun, and good luck!

-mano

so there is nothing more that I really need? remember, I am a true newbie when it comes to setting a home studio up... what should I look into as far as mixers?

The extent of my equipment so far is: a computer (whose midi doesn't properly work), the RS7000 coming soon, and a pretty durn' good surround stereo.

I plan on getting a synth in the future too...

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
RS7000

Just curious.... how much did you lay down for your RS7000?? And.... did you find it hard to depart with your cash without having ever used the machine. I hope Yamaha doesn't do the same thing with this that they did the RM1x.

They did a small first run of RM1x and started advertising it in magazines in such. I went down to the store and they had one demo unit, but they had none in stock. I looked everywhere for these units. I called stores nationwide and everyone said the same thing...."we don't know when we will be getting them" or "we should have them in about three months" It pissed me off to the point to where I almost didn't even want one anymore. I hope they don't pull that bullsh1t with you. Good Luck!

homeboyJim:

You will need something to record your creations with. The simplist solution is to connect a cassette deck to the line out of the RS7000. A better solution is to use your PC to record your stuff.

You can get Cool Edit 2000 freeware from www.tucows.com. This software will let you record WAV files on you PC. This assumes you have a PC with a soundcard with a line in.

As for other stuff, I am assuming that you have an amplifier (can be receiver) and speakers so you can hear what you are doing. However, you can get by with a pair of headphones.

nice machine

You did a nice buy, Yamaha is quite good when it comes to pack a machine with nice features. For home use I would buy a cheap keyboard to play and definitely record through the computer. I hope u consider buying the expansion for the RS, digital I/O, although u are just starting soon you will apreciate these features.

Back