room treatment

A

acousticmasta

ok guys my measurements for my rooms are the following length=12ft. height=8ft. width how thick the walls are about 4 in. hope that helps and my rooms is in a square shape

acousticmasta said:
ok guys my measurements for my rooms are the following length=12ft. height=8ft. width how thick the walls are about 4 in. hope that helps and my rooms is in a square shape

12'x12'x8' is rough, but it's doable. You'll need every bit of the following:

- Bass Trapping (4" or 6") floor to ceiling in all four corners.
- Bass Trapping (6") on the back wall
- Bass Trapping (4") on the front wall
- Bass Trapping (4") at the right and left reflection points
- Bass Trapping (4") at the reflection points above your head.

Yep, I really mean it. The 4" bass traps will do everything a 2" high frequency panel will do plus deal with low frequency issues down to 65Hz or so if built properly. Since the room is square and the length/width and height dimensions are divisible by the same numbers, you're going to need all the bass trapping you can get.

Frank

ok so putting a 4 bass traps in each corner will do it and on the ceiling should i put some foam wedgies in pyramid shapes i will try to send u so pics so p.m. me frank plz

acousticmasta said:
ok so putting a 4 bass traps in each corner will do it and on the ceiling should i put some foam wedgies in pyramid shapes i will try to send u so pics so p.m. me frank plz

No need...just send them to frank(dot)o(at)gikacoustics(dot)com.

Frank

Back