Roland VS-2480? equipment questions

Q

Qadesh

Dream Studio:

*If this were to be my workstation hardware with a cpu monitor and mouse hooked up which there are inputs for. Do I need any additional software or does it come already equipt, any other hook ups to make it a sweet set-up. This station looks pretty impressive but I don't know much about it. Currently I'm working with "Cakewalk Pro Audio 8", but was thinking a little into the future.

Any comments about the VS-2480, Cakewalk 8, or any other systems (motu?), would help me out alot in learning about this ****.

Thank you

hmm do u really need it ?
can u not adjust with a good DAW ?

look into
Nuendo
PARIS
SONAR

Sonar, it's about 22,000 Rs. man. better to buy the original multitrack recorder, on the VS series of recorders and mixers, u can do everything, on the large screen cut copy paste efx, and everything else.

My uncle bought the VS 1880, and he say the output is really kinky, the sound is damn clear, and u can do all the CCP ( cut copy paste ) and other stuff in it. and it,s a bit cheeper then the 2480. i think i'll have to buy the 1880.

i would still prefer going for a DAW . the expandability is far superior. functions are far superior too.

Paris Pro is a good option indeed. but i dont the cost in indian rupees.

Sorry for the Unpleasent hapnening in USA, the NATIONAL TRADE CENTER BULILDINGS and the other building. take a one minuet moan and pary for the innocent ppl who dies worth nothing:o :(

I've not tried or seen the VS-2480, but i've seen VS-1880 in working, my uncle owns it, and it a nice piece for prof sound and control, cut copy and paste and other functions with a large display, and the efx processors are really cool. My studio is waiting for this beast.:bat:

I prefer the interface of a daw, allows more flexibility, allows me to play my MPC like a band without looking, pro tools, etc make me feel restricted with all their grids, midi time code, and what not.

Im the proud owner of a Fostex vf160 myself, records 16 tracks at once recording, internal cd burner, track to .wav burning, ADAT & SPDIF outputs for easy plopping to tape or ProTools for mastering, and 2 aux send returns (enough for my studio) has nice effects, full eq and it sounds great as well. It has a small lcd and the automation is kinda tricky, but one of the reasons i got one in the first place was to get away from the Cakewalk/PT interfaces and at the price I dont think it can be ****ed with.

the vs1880 looks hot as well, I've heard some shady things about the VS interface but the the effects they run probably makes up for the learning curve.

I've recently grabbed a hardware portastudio, just to see what it's like to use, and I've found I'm tons more creative with it.

I've been getting ideas there, then dumping to a DAW for hackin around.

There's space for hardware yet. ;-]

I did a ton of research on this subject. My conclusion was the Akai DPS24 kicks the Roland's butt overall. The price is the same and the Roland has more features and is less proprietary.

I have been extremely happy with the Akai unit I purchased. It is amazingly clean and rock solid. I've heard that the Roland has issues with the preamps and the stability of the OS.

I recently bought a vs2480cd

Im now looing for a keyboard
and drum machine the style of music i right is cross between funk rock and hip hop, i guess in todays catagory it would be in the line of lenny kravitz,

Im looking for something that i wouldnt nessarily have two of, with the vs2480 it has the vga out, burns cds of course, im wondering about the mv 8000
would getting this would be duplicating features that i already have on the vs2480. next question is there a keyboard anyone could reccomend
something like the motif, and why

thanks
rockers

The Motif is by far the best sounding keyboard on the market. It's also probably the least-user-friendly one as well.

I just saw a VS-2480 with the digital LED meters above it for $800. I don't know what version it was, it seems used but not abused, everything powered up. The servos seem to work, but in the slot where there's supposed to be either a cd or a dvd player/recorder it has what looks like a hard drive plugged into it.. I am wondering if this is a good deal.. and if I should jump on it. I was assuming I'd be going digital with my Apple Macbook pro, but I am open to other options..

Back