the right mixer?

J

Jel

word up, basicly im gettin a motu 828 with 10 analogue ins and outs. i need a mixer with direct outs, all the ones ive found have got group outs or there fu**in massive. at the end of the day all i need is a mixer where i can independantly control 10ins and outs.
ne ideas would be apreciated.
ive seen this 1: http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stockdetail.jsp?sku=ALES-STUDIO32&context=WEB
any 1 know if its any good? or if theres anything like it but abit cheeper id be greatful for a reply.

basically, the 828 is a mixer and you don't need one before it.

it is made to accept a control surface like a Mackie Control if you want a hardware feel to it.

with a Mackie Control, you can use it only with the 828 or you can use it to control your Host application (Cubase, Logic, DP...)

yer man, i know this allready but its only got 2 mic ins. i need at least 8, or would a straight jack to xlr connector work provided it dosnt need pahntom power?

that's another stroy then.

you could do with a mixer in that case.

also a mixer with any number of inputs you need but with 8 output busses would suit your needs.

or you can start collecting microphone pre-amps to get a nice collection of nice ones. but that can be costly.

persoanlly i have a few Presonus tube pre-amps and two ART tube recording channels.

so far? pretty much everything but Country music ;)

most of that gear is used to record instruments rather than microphones though. although i have one kick-ass microphone i don't offer vocal recordings as a service from my studio. it's just not our strong point. we only do pre and post prodution.

my main style of music is Acid Jazz but my main business is in Hiphop/R&B and the breadmaking stuff for the studio is commercial scoring and pre-prodution of many kinds. still no Country music though. maybe one day :D

Back