Recording stereo sample to mixer

Sander

Hi :)

Imagine this

* Sampler
* mixer (lets say mackie 1604)

In the sampler there is a stereo sample with vocals banging from left to right and stuff. If I want that sample played trough my mixer, does that mean I must use 2 channels? (one panning to the left and one to the right)

And if so, if I use on a channel a aux (post) send. The signal that goes to the channel will directly go to the effect machine (lets say a stereo reverb) the signal goes back to the mackie which has stereo aux returns. Then the signal goes to the channel back, but if the channel is mono, why there are stereo aux returns?

Sorry for the monkey questions :monkey:

Originally posted by Sander
If I want that sample played trough my mixer, does that mean I must use 2 channels? (one panning to the left and one to the right)
Quick answer - yes. However I think the 1604 has some stereo channels on it that take care of this for you. Just plug the left out into the left in of one of the stereo channels and the right into the right. The panning is done for you.

Originally posted by Sander
why there are stereo aux returns?
The aux send return is stereo because some effects (particularly reverb effects) create a stereo image from a mono source. It's not always ideal to have only a mono send, but it's what you're stuck with on some mixers.

Hope this helps.
KasioRoks

Thnx! Yes it will help only I need to borrow more money from my brother to buy the SR24.4 mackie:victory:

Last edited:
Back