Thread: Recording Software

Thanks

Recording Software

Sign in to disable this ad
    Anyone out there know of any recording program that will record just vocals? What I mean is, how can I record just the vocals(coming from my line in 2) while playing the beat on my computer as well, but only recording what comes in from line 2(not "what you hear"). Please help

Thanks
    :confused: Dont most programs record vocals? Im lost in what your asking but for starters Ill jsut throw out some programs

Adobe Audtion or Cool eidt pro
    Cubase Se SLL SX
    Sonar 4
    Pro Tools
    Logic
    Acid

Thanks
    Originally posted by rca
    Anyone out there know of any recording program that will record just vocals? What I mean is, how can I record just the vocals(coming from my line in 2) while playing the beat on my computer as well, but only recording what comes in from line 2(not "what you hear"). Please help
    For starters you are going to need a card that supports 'full duplex' to listen to the music while recording vocals on a separate track.

You would need to route the mic signal into your sound card ins and to your recording software.

Does this help?
    I dont read long posts....

Please Check Out The Links!
    my sound click page
    mikey cat sound click page

Thanks
    Yeah, I got a Sound Card that supports full duplex, and I understand how to set it up hardware wise, however I don't know which program to use that would support this. I can't find it anywhere in Sonar 4 or CoolEdit. Where or What program has the option under recording to select the recording device as "Audio IN", rather than "Primary Sound Driver"? THX for your help.

Thanks
    any recording program should be able to do this. there should be a button on each track that lets you arm it for recording or not, if that makes any sense. if not it should be explained in the manual.

edit: i just re-read your original post and it looks like you need to de-select the "what you hear" function on your soundcard. i'd check the book that came with your card if you had it to see exactly how to do that
    Last edited by neubonic; 02-10-2005 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by neubonic
    any recording program should be able to do this. There should be a button on each track that lets you arm it for recording or not.
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Whatever software you are using rca this topic is most likely covered in teh manual. Did you look it up?

Just curious.
    I dont read long posts....

Please Check Out The Links!
    my sound click page
    mikey cat sound click page

Thread Information