Recording, Editing Mastering Program Question

H

helenahiphop

Hello All,

I am currently working with kids in a school with a blossoming studio. For the past months, my students have been making beats on Fruity Loops and Reason and we are now looking to add vocals, mix, master and burn CDs. I have been looking into a few programs that can record audio from FL and Reason as well as record lyrics thru a mic and a computer. I have checked out Pro Tools, Cool edit and some others but I figured ya'll would be the best to talk to.

So, if anyone could suggest a program that would be able to handle our beats from other programs as well as live recording of vocal lyrics. Also, if there is anything else you think we might need in terms of producing our own CD please let me know.

Much Thanks

MK

I would recommend Sonar 3 producers edition from cake walk. This is a pretty good piece of recording software which at the same time is economic. It all depends on your budget. For sure I'm looking forward on purchasing Sonar. By the way, What does MK stand for?

Last edited:
Sonar would do the trick, pro tools, logic, digital performer, and my personal favorite, Cubase.:D

They're all pretty capable programs. If you're on a budget an older version of cakewalk would do the trick also.

We got a nice grant recently so we have some money to spend but we can't drop $1,000 or anything. We got 500-700 to spend probably. if not a bit more.

mk

ps: these are my initials

helenahiphop said:
We got a nice grant recently so we have some money to spend but we can't drop $1,000 or anything. We got 500-700 to spend probably. if not a bit more.

mk

ps: these are my initials

What I would recommend is that you get a multi-track sequencer and a wave editor. If $1000 is the total budget and that is going towards the purchase of a soundcard or such, then Adboe Audition may be good. Looks like it can operate as a wave editor and a multi-track also. This would leave you more than enough to spend on other items. If it was up to me, then Cubase SX would be the way to go along with wavelab for a wave editor, but all other programs can get done just about the same. Just that Cubase SX has an interface that I find pleasant to work with and wavelab the same.

GUEST said:
Do your initials happen to be Mr. kouri

Probably not, it would then read "Mr. K". M would be his first name, K would be his last name. But hey, you never know.

Mr.Curlz said:

Um...did you read on why he wrote that those were his initials?

I have been looking into a few programs that can record audio from FL and Reason
You dont actually record the output of these programs, they render a .wav file.

Back