Thread: Reason 2.5 + MacG5 + Turntables....??

Thanks

Reason 2.5 + MacG5 + Turntables....??

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone. I want to arrange some beats I've done with reason and also use some samples from vinyl and maybe even record from some live instruments. I've got a midi controller/interface set up (Ozone)...and after I was done patting myself on the back for making everything LOOK so cool I realized that reason doesn't record anything! derrrrr...I read some articles about being able to record into Garage Band and exporting reason files as aiff (whatever that is!)and arranging everything in GB. I don't have GB and I'd imagine Logic would be the answer to all my problems, butI don't have that either! Any suggestions? anybody already do this?

Thanks
    you can do this with any multitrack program. look up audacity, it's free. if you want to spend some cash you could get cool edit pro or pro tools.

Thanks
    Look into Logic Express (or Pro, if you've got the cash)

I have Logic Platinum 6 (havn't upgraded to pro yet) and Reason running on a g4 desktop, i record guitar, samples from vinyl, and vox in Logic, as well as sequence/record my hardware synths. I love Logic, It's got a bit of a learning curve, but once you have it figured out it's amazing.

Thanks
    I just got the Logic 7 Pro upgrade yesterday and....holy crap. It's insane. Well worth the money...you probably won't need anything else...I don't think I'll be using Reason ever again.

Thanks
    I have ZERO experiance with the Logic series and I don't discredit the app. I use Digital Performer 4.5 from www.motu.com for mac. Along with Logic, I'd have to say that the use of the sequencing you can do is maybe a much better method for you to use rather than jumping thru multiple apps.
    Mholla
    Dual 2.0 G5 1.25GB
    DP 4.6, Reason 3.0
    Keystation Pro 88, ProjectMix I/O

Thread Information