Ready for more

H

har

I just f**ed up my samson 65a monitors.
and i am ready for more.
I would like the public's opion on what would be a good next step for monitors.
wich monitor will give me more for my money (approx $500 ) .
I am thinking about the Tr8's.

please comment. i im looking for something thats going to last more than 1 1/2 half of abuse.

Thank you.

Monitors are not designed to be abused ... it's a wonder they lasted that long.

The TR8s are Nice though, I also like the Mackie MkIIs and M-Audio BX-8s

damm stop playing.
i thought that monitors where tougher than most speakers.
i see. now . you have to just use them for mixing.
thats my problem then, because when i make my beat i like to hear it loud then try to mix it.
is there anything like that out there that can allow me to do that??
i would reall like know.
would something like that go for $500

well what do you mean by abused? I'm definetely no expert on studio monitors, but i've heard the mackie hr824's, the hr624's, the event tr5 and 6's, and the krk rp 5 and 8's, and all of them were definetly plenty loud--enough to hurt my ears...so i think you'll be fine playing music pretty loud through them. Just dont play it extremely loud for long periods(same goes for any speaker i guess) cuz it wont be good for the monitors, or your ears. ypu'll also probably make enemies with the neighbors:p

well yeah thats pretty much what i meant by being abused. playing them loud for long periods of time.
now i know not to do that.
what would be the best monitor out of all of the ones youve just mention?

Out of those i found the krk rp5's to sound better than the event tr5's, 6's, and the rp 8's. THe events just sounded kind of muddy to my ears, and the rp8's strangly seemed worse than the rp5's. They seemed less clear than and sounded kind of harsh. Now the rp5's, these were amazing in my opinion. They sounded like they were twice their size. They only have a 5 inch woofer, but the bass was big and you could really hear, and almost feel it, which I guess is saying a lot for such a small monitor. Of course the mackie hr824's and the hr624's sound better, but they cost much more. Actually after listening to the mackies, i listened to the rp5's again, and they still sounded great. Not on par with the mackies, but still enjoyable, and the sound compared quite well in my opinion. They sound realy good, especially for their price.

Back