Thread: re-modeling for a studio

Thanks

re-modeling for a studio

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello all....I'm hoping somebody has a suggestion.....it shouldn't be a hard one but I need some guidence regardless. I just bought a new house and the basement had an 11 X 22 room that was finished....so I'm wiring the room to accomidate my set up ...and for lighting and power....I'm building custom furniture for this room for the gear. What I wanted to know is what I have to do to acheive this: I have a Berhinger MX9000 Eurodesk as my main board....instead of having to bend over the board and reach in the back to make all my connection....which I can't really see unless I use a mirror or use the picture in the manual as a reference....and won't be able to do once the furniture is in place....so what would I need to do, or get, to be able to eliminate this.....is there a rack mountable 24/48 singal router or maybe a patchbay......basically, in theory, I want to bring the back of the board up front....so if I want to add a piece of gear to the board my hook up is right there. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I looked into patchbays but I don't know enough about them to descide if that was what I was looking for. Thanks in advance for anyones help and time......also...how do you post picture on this site....I could send shots of the transformation if any ones interested....I think it's going to be pretty amazing. Thanks again K.
    Last edited by Kwells; 02-09-2005 at 07:42 AM.
    Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth... Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.

Thanks
    I have a Berhinger MX9000 Eurodesk as my main board....instead of having to bend over the board and reach in the back to make all my connection....which I can't really see unless I use a mirror or use the picture in the manual as a reference....and won't be able to do once the furniture is in place....so what would I need to do, or get, to be able to eliminate this.....is there a rack mountable 24/48 singal router or maybe a patchbay......basically, in theory, I want to bring the back of the board up front....so if I want to add a piece of gear to the board my hook up is right there.
    You can buy 48 point patchbays (rackmountable) and plug the mixer into them, then when you want to patch or re-patch a piece of equipment you dont have to bend over or pull out the mixer to do so. Just simply insert the gear you want into the patchbay and presto, your good to go!

Here is one!

You dont have to get this one but this will give you an idea of what to get.

Hope this helps.
    I dont read long posts....

Please Check Out The Links!
    my sound click page
    mikey cat sound click page

Thanks
    Thanks! That's the response I was looking for....do you end up losing any signal strength when doing this? Also, if I may, I wanted to pick your brain some more.....I have a MPC4000 w/ the 8-out board and say(for examples sake) I want to send a kick out(on 1) to a compressor and then I want to send my bass line out(on 2) to a compressor as well....I want the compression for them to be different though....do you have any suggestions for doing this....do I need to get seperate compressors....I'm not very familiar to compression so that's why I ask....do they have a compressor that has multiple channels that you can have seperate settings for each channel.....that's not going to break the bank. Maybe I don't even need a compressor??? Does this make any sence?? Let me know what you think. I'm trying to get a warmer, fuller sound and want to have some gear to play around with so I can get a balance for my individual parts. Anything would help.....thanks again for the patch advise. K
    Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth... Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.

Thread Information