Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap beats Production HELP

Thanks

Rap beats Production HELP

Sign in to disable this ad
    I want to make my own beats and not use anyone elses samples, so I can actually promote a CD.
    ! What's the best drum machine for rap beats? Without stupid samples. Something I can create my own stuff with. Then I'll get me a synth keyboard.

Set up: Cool Edit Pro, Audio Technica AT 4040, BlueTUBE>

Getting the Terratec DMX 6 Fire. Anyone got experience with it? It should be what I need 24bit/96 KHZ one Mic Input, Headphone Out, MIDI In, and A/D conversions.

Need all the help I can get to sound as professional as possible.

Help me out Vets.
    Christian rapper

Thanks
    Emu command stations(mp7,px7,xl7)

Thanks
    ^ i second that

if you got the scratch i would get a used triton le or motif, they are both aroung $800 on ebay ....sounds are much better

In the Polk High parking lot making sure everybodys rims are spinning
    Thanks
    all the mpc's
    emu sp1200
    emu mp7
    asr-x pro
    [color=red][b]The Official Polk High Rim Spinner![/b][/color]
    [img]http://www.genycis.com/jackpotsig.jpg[/img]
    [color=red][b]Founder Of The Anti Ricky Davis&Barrington Club[/b][/color]

Thanks
    Don't get EMU stuff, Mo-phat, or any of that garbage. These products are a scam. All they are doing is playing a set of samples(ROMS)inside. These machines were targeted for people just like yourself getting started. But I garantee that you will sell them later because you have "used" all the sounds you actually liked. You will be dead sick of your machine. These "ROMPLERS" don't cost EMU alot of money to make, they are profitting off the "newbies" ugly. It cost a company more money to design a sampler, thats why they cost more.Buy yourself a Sampler. Start collecting drum sounds and you really don't need to buy another drum machine, you'll see. Oh and if you are interested in real boom stuff, 808 bass stuff, a Korg ER-1 is cheap and good for this. But the ER-1 can't do it all, it is goog just for analog percussion stuff. Just make sure the sampler can sample at least at 32khz sampling rate, 16 bit. 44.1khz 16 bit is better. If you are interest in having that "12-bit" sound (SP12 for example) for God's sake save your cash and don't buy the Real machine (ROLAND SP12). Here's a trick of the trade: buy a Behringer DSP2024 FX rack, it has a bit-reducer on it. You can rerecord your samples to anything you want 8-bit(Nintendo), 12-bit,7-bit;whatever. It even simulates fuzz and hum of old devices, the effect is called Lo-Fi on it. In other words, what ever you want to sound literally old school, you pass the sound through the "Lo-fi". There are other Bit reducers out their but this one is the cheapest: $129 new $90 used average.

Thanks
    Oh I said Roland Sp12 sorry, meant EMU SP1200. Spread the word. You don't have to buy these scams! Electronic Knowledge is power!

Thanks
    K..then what's good for snare drum sounds?

Is the MPC 2000 even better? I'm willin to save up the dough to get the top of the line stuff. So with that said, what's the top notch drum machine?
    Christian rapper

Thanks
    write my own is totally correct, i got my mo phatt and thats all i use for sounds, the most you could make is like 10 songs before you start using the same beat over and over.Dont do it..if you eva get an mpc just get sample cds and 8 out them ******* to your recorder/software.

hey i got a question, i bought a sample cd off ebay and my mpc cant read it.i can play the sounds on my comp but they just dont get read on my mpc, they are wav. files.Any suggestions?
    Last edited by oohotcarameloo; 02-18-2004 at 09:14 AM.
    Jimmy Stunts
    [URL=http://www.myspace.com/jimmystunts]http://www.myspace.com/jimmystunts[/URL]
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pop, hiphop, rnb...."the next out of 305"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks
    How about the Yamaha RS7000 Music Production Studio? http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--YAMRS7000

I need the best i can get.
    Christian rapper

Thanks
    well, the guy saying the emu's are a waiste of money has a point...but, on the other hand, a lot of other synths have a lot of garbage sounds not tailored for hip hop. mophat will give you all the bass you ever need and a lot of decent drums to tweak...

if your looking to create 'sample' based music, i would go w/ the yamaha RS7000 like the guy above said. i own one and make nothing but hiphop and it is great. it has effects and filters and the onboard sounds can fit into tracks here and there (DEF. NOT A MOTIF) drums are damn good as well. but i have a drum library of thousands of sampled drums so i hardly use them.

you should also look into the Roland MC-909, its basically the same thing, but you can install xv boards (GREAT SOUNDS) it will cost you 300-400 more though.

mpc's are great sequencers, but have no onboard sounds, and little processing abilities. plus they tend to cost more.
    if you go mpc, look into the mpc1000

peace

Thread Information