Rap beats Production HELP

MafiaStylez said:
dont be so paranoid about using samples... especially just one shot drum sounds... unless u become the next Dr.Dre or Timbaland, no one will find out... just add a few effects and it would be hard to tell even if u were really famous.. and if u dont to use samples, then the mpc wont help u, cuz u have to sample all ur drums and sounds into it. i say just keep on samplin... stop being so paranoid.

co-sign

I'm just speaking from experience when it comes to the swing situation. I know the MC 909 has the swing function and so does all types of sequencers on the market but I feel the MPC sequencer timing is better and less robotic. Its just my opinion. I have a roland fantom s and the sequencer is similar to the mc 909 and I've compared the mpc and fantom s sequencer side by side and I hear a difference.

Personally I prefer the MPC 2000XL as Master & Motif 7 Keyboard as slave (multi timbral)

The unique sound the MPC engine has makes it one of the best drum machines / samplers / midi sequencers around!

**** I even got Reason 2.5.

Software / Hardware

Good music is Good music.

Write_My_own_1976 said:
Don't get EMU stuff, Mo-phat, or any of that garbage. These products are a scam. All they are doing is playing a set of samples(ROMS)inside. These machines were targeted for people just like yourself getting started. But I garantee that you will sell them later because you have "used" all the sounds you actually liked. You will be dead sick of your machine.
whatever dude... emus sounds tight...
you just don know what u yapping about do u..?

I think if you program your drums and they stink so hard you rely on a 'swing' or other some such quantize to make them drums 'swing' for you...uh... you stink at producing. This is why I laugh at MPC producers when they say 'It has that swing'. Hehehehe Yeah, because YOU DON'T. :)

Trusty said:
I think if you program your drums and they stink so hard you rely on a 'swing' or other some such quantize to make them drums 'swing' for you...uh... you stink at producing. This is why I laugh at MPC producers when they say 'It has that swing'. Hehehehe Yeah, because YOU DON'T. :)

hopefully this post made u feel better about yourself, cuz i cant see any other reason to post it, until u on a major label doin somethin u aint no better than anybody here so if this post makes u think so, then ok, you "swing" the best!

one of the good features about the mpc is the quantize algorhythms, i dont think making a generalized statment like that you should quantize or not quantize makes sense. the more you make music you realize that its not the "rules" that matter as much as whats doing what is right for the record. When i first started producing i used to think that it was wack to use quantize since i felt like that each person has their own swing and pocket and relying on a machine to do that for you was cheating, now after making records for ten years i realize that its best to just do whatever works best for the record, and use your comfortable working with to get the job done.

sorry rambling a little but im sure you get the idea

man I remember these days.. seems like so long ago now.

Back