RAM in my EMU Sampler

X

XFingaz

What kind of RAM does the EMU Emulator series samplers carry??? cuz the guy at Long & McQuade said to just buy ram at the computer store and then put it in myself....and I'd save a s.hitload of money.....anyways, I have an EMU E-5000 Ultra if it matters.....thanks for the help!!!

Thanks man!!!

But there's one problem, I'm gonna be installing it myself.....any clue how to do it?

ever installed SIMMs in a PC before? same deal here. open up the case, find the old SIMMS. remove them (there is a little tab at each end of the slot. push these and the memory should pop out). then just slot in the new memory. note there is a right way and a wrong way to put SIMMS in, but there is a chunk out of one end to make sure you get it right. when you start your sampler it should say the right amount of memory (128MB i'd hope at the price they're charging!).

Thanks man.....can I mix chips??? Like if I already have 16 megs in there, can I still put in more on top of that....like say another 16 mb chip to make it 32?

you can put two in, but if they're not the same size this is how it works:

the larger of the 2 counts for it's full size, but the smaller counts for half...
ex: 64MB and one 32MB, the 64 counts as 64 and the 32 counts as 16MB so you've got 80MB instead.

I'm not completely sure why this is true, but it's true on most (all?) samplers.

but 2 64MB's will give you 128 and 2 32's will give you 64.

and one more thing... if you've got the turbo option (I'm not sure if the E-5000 is like this, but my ESi-4000 is), you need low-profile ram.

Back