Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&B Hip Hop Project studio

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have $5000 to spend . for my project studio . i have read many messages. on this very same subject." what to buy" i know im gettin an MPC 2000XL , Triton 61 key, but what else do i need. i have cubase, and some others. for software. on an AMD 1.6 Athlon 512mb ddr ram, 2 40 ibm drives. what do i need to hook all this up. and record. ?????

Thanks
    i hate you

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big Corleone
    i hate you
    lol
    you sound set, what do you want? you can get new mpc2000xl and triton 76key off ebay for a good price

Thanks
    You need a soundcard. Other than that you seem pretty set to go. You might want to consider a mixer as well, as this will allow you to expand more easily and makes monitoring simpler (no latency issues). Actually, you didn't mention how you were planning on listening to your stuff, computer speakers (bleuurrgghh), home stereo (not great, but passable), proper studio monitoring (great, but expensive).

Just for the record I hate you too. 5g's to spend on gear, how nice would that be?

KasioRoks

Thanks

yeah. im looking at a 16 channel mackie mixer, Roland monitors, would a layla or Motu work with this. what would it allow me to do. Also would a midiman router 8 be better.. a small compressor.

--Tonz

Thanks
    Hold on Kidtonz, what ALL do you have now?

Thanks

Lightbulb

Peace, just a simple question why buy a MPC and a Triton ? That's two sampler/sequencers thats wasting money and besides the Triton is really overrated on the DL if anything get a Motif6 and Motu's new firewire recording setup You'll have money for a preamp microphone and have some change left over. Again this is just my two cents
    PEACE

Thanks

Smile

well. I plan to use the MPC for drums.and sequencer . and the Triton for sounds and playing. what would you recommend . also would it be cheaper to by a rack mount keyboard. and a midi controller . thanx for all the help . got a few more questions too .. hehhe. once i get it all. what plugs into what????? .. so your saying its a waste of money to get both. ???

--kidtonz

Thanks
    Maybe it's just me I could be too thrifty, but I think that buying both the triton and the MPC too much, again check the Motif the sounds are Bananas and even the Yanaha RS7000 is dope, and it costs less than the MPC. Don't get me wrong the MPC is a dope sampler/sequencer but if you dont have to spend the extra cash save the money. Hell all I use an Ensoniq ASR-10 and it's done me and it's still doing me justice, I will admit when the Triton first came out I was like oh ISH but when the Motif came out that get me open and its $300.00 cheaper too.

Peace

Thanks
    yeah....i use an ASR-X Pro....(fuc|< those that hate on it)....and i just got me an SCSI CD-ROM and HD for it....the joint is HOT. i'm able to make hot joints with it now.....plus the 18 mb of ram helps too

Thread Information