Thread: question about power

Thanks

question about power

Sign in to disable this ad
    im building a studio in the attic of an older house.its a great room but there is only one outlet.right now i have your basic stuff for a studio,laptop,soundcard,mixer,3 processers,a marshall head and a power amp thats 2500 watts.am i pushing it here?should i call an electriction?what do you all think? im pretty sure the outlet is a 15 so it sould handle 12 amps but how do you no haw many amps these things are running? can someone help?

Thanks
    When cable is installed they count on a voltage loss along the run (typically 10% at full current draw). For any critical application you should run well below the rated current on an outlet. Get in an electrician and ask them to run a couple of 20amp runs with a 5% loss to the studio, it'll cost more but you'll have much better supply regulation.

Thanks
    Yes, I would consult with an electrician. Not just because of the one outlet, but because the house is, as you say, an older house. The wiring might be unstable to begin with.
    http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/...tmayhemsig.jpg
    Project Mayhem is now accepting applicants.

Requirements: Two black shirts, two pair black pants, one pair black boots, two pair black socks, one black jacket, three hundred dollars personal burial money.

Thread Information