Pulsar3.0 ProPack

dxl

Pulsar3.0 ProPack
anyone like to get it??

i feel like getting it
coz the synths and the sampler!
looks! really cool on the price!

how u think?

I installed v3 the day it was released, and I was amazed at how stable my Pulsar was all a sudden. But it is when I installed the ProPack 2 days ago that I completely FREAKED out!

The PulsarMixer ROCKS! I totally love it! It's like a huge 02R with tons of tracks, buses, aux, inserts, etc.. it's heaven!

You know, for about a year I had the Pulsar II in an Athlon machine (yes with the bad VIA chipset) and frankly.. I DIDNT create ANY music during the whole year.. Too much work before I could actually make anything.

BUT v3 changed the deal (plus a 100% intel machine) completely.... And this new mixer in ProPack definitly sealed me on Pulsar. The other day I spent a few hours on Cubase and composed a whole track! Of course it's not finished, but man, how good it felt to actually sit down and make music rigth away!

Here's a screenshot of a v3 project with a PulsarMixer, a Reverb, and some basic signal routing.

proPack.jpg

... Yes, as you can see this mixer uses barely any DSP resource (hehe remember that buggy BigMixer? throw it away!). The reverb uses only 2 little squares of my Pulsar II's DSP gauge.

As you can see I'm excited about it :) Im not trying to sell anything, I just really love it.

oh well..........
anyone using a "control freak" or PC1600x or Phat Boy??

i now i have the phat boy but PC1600X should save me alot of time??
i suppose..........

i wana get the CD version of the propack............
anyone get the CD yet?

Hi, i am new to this forum, i would like to ask whether Pulsar3.0 ProPack is a shareware or freeware. If it is a shareware, can i still use it after the no. of free days??

The v3 upgrade is free, but they charge $130 USD for the proPACK.

. 24/48-channel PulsarMixer
. 20 stereo & 18 mono effects
. Lightwave Synthesizer
. STS-3000 Sampler
. Modular Synthesizer V2

I think 130 dollars is cheap for all of this :)

Andrewkiasu:
you need a Creamware soundcard to run the program. Welcome to FutureProducers.com! :)

dxl:
The phat boy is not bad to control most knobs in the OS, but yeah, one with sliders would rock for the pulsarMixer... How about this:
http://www.encoreelectronics.com/cont_knob3.html
Looks good.

Hey and the CD version of V3+proPack can be ordered online from the creamware shop.

ManoOne said:
The v3 upgrade is free, but they charge $130 USD for the proPACK.

. 24/48-channel PulsarMixer
. 20 stereo & 18 mono effects
. Lightwave Synthesizer
. STS-3000 Sampler
. Modular Synthesizer V2

I think 130 dollars is cheap for all of this :)

Andrewkiasu:
you need a Creamware soundcard to run the program. Welcome to FutureProducers.com! :)

dxl:
The phat boy is not bad to control most knobs in the OS, but yeah, one with sliders would rock for the pulsarMixer... How about this:
http://www.encoreelectronics.com/cont_knob3.html
Looks good.

no that one is no better than my PhatBoy now.........
i'm going to exchange it to PC1600x

Hey and the CD version of V3+proPack can be ordered online from the creamware shop.
:victory:

hey mano
u get ur propack from downloading??
or CD?

i just update mine yesterday
insterface still slow..........well......

the new synths sounds much better tho!!!
and finally comes with real effects

> u get ur propack from downloading or CD?

When you download v3.0, proPack is part of it... its just not enabled. when you buy ProPACK (Again, worth it), all you get is a registration number ot activate it (Actually 3 numbers).

>i just update mine yesterday

Nice!

> insterface still slow..........well......

Actually, it is MUCH faster. Drag those devices around... It's fast here. I think you are refering to drawing cables.. it does get tricky to grab those connectors sometimes. But they did make it faster.

> the new synths sounds much better tho!!!

Haven't tried them yet. I use my VIRUS B for synth tracks most of the time. Im sure they sound good though.

> and finally comes with real effects

YES! The reverb and the compressions rock! This reverb doesnt use much DSP (compared to the results).

I don't think it should matter much., but Im on an nVidia GeForce 2 GTS 32m videocard

it's fast over here... Just did a test 2 minutes ago, dragging the pulsarMixer over the project, dragging th eelements etc... everything used to be slow and is now fast

huh............. just just make the software for Gforce 2
but not others i suppose

just like some games will look and run fast in certain video cards

I'd guess the GUI speed relies on lots of things, like the speed of your graphics card, memory and CPU ofcourse.

I haven't tested 3.0 yet but 2.04 is fast enough on my duron800/384mb/TNT1(32mb) when no other program is using CPU cycles (eg. audio sequencer like Sonar or Cubase) but when I use Sonar with a couple audio tracks with effects, or soft synths, Pulsar UI gets slow beyond usable limits (move your mouse to twist a knob, hear and see the result in 5 seconds, if lucky).

I hope, ofcourse, that the V.3 fixes even a little of this.

This is going more and more off topic - sorry. :)

Toni L.
www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

Last edited by a moderator:
> Quote:
> just make the software for Gforce 2
> but not others i suppose

I dont think its only fast with GeForce 2 GTS :)
I saw many people posting on the creamware forum, apparently everybody felt the improvement in speed.

The ProPack is free for new customers of Creamware Pulsar/Scope boards. Like me.

Back