proteus 2000 vs. mo'phatt

C

chabbi4116

hey...im looking to buy a sound module....ive heard great things about e-mu's proteus 2000 and mo'phatt models. Whats the difference between the two. I am looking to make mostly hip hop beats. Which is better? Any opinions in any way would help...thanx

The EMU Proteus-series (like the Proteus 2000) are modules with a whole bunch of "overall"-sounds, which means you can find an acoustic piano or violin as well as dance-oriented sounds.

The EMU Mo'Phatt is a typical "dance" soundmodule, with almost all dance-oriented sounds (like a.o. electric piano, strings, and - of course - lots of kickdrums and snares)

Personally I would take the first, but specifically for hiphop I think you're better with the Mo'Phatt.

I f you can, try them both in a local gear store.

the Proteus and the Mo'phatt are very similar modules. They both use a set of sounds on ROM that go through the same (I'm pretty sure) E-mu architecture. As THM says the best thing you can do is try them both out and see which sounds suit you best. Both are upgradeable with ROM chips so that they can play other sounds, making them quite versatile. I think you can get the sounds of the planet phatt module into the proteus, which might be worth bearing in mind.

KasioRoks

proteus 2000 uses the OLD emu architecture... 64 voices, slower engine etc..

mo'phat, virtuoso, x-lead (sp?), proteus 2500 ... THOSE are using the same architecture... faster, 128 voices, 32 midi channels (2 ports) etc..

making things clear :)

im getting the Roland XV3080, fits more my needs

Nope.

The Proteus 2000 has 128 voice polyphony and 32 midi channels. The Mo Phatt, XL-1, etc have 64 voice polyphony and only 16 midi channels. You have them backwords. The proteus also has 6 outs AND a digital out - the others only have main outs.

The best bet is the Proteus, as it has a total of four sound ROM slots, so you can add the sound ROMs from the other modules and pack it full of sounds...

Hope this Helps,

...Synthetik

synthetik said:
Nope.

The Proteus 2000 has 128 voice polyphony and 32 midi channels. The Mo Phatt, XL-1, etc have 64 voice polyphony and only 16 midi channels. You have them backwords. The proteus also has 6 outs AND a digital out - the others only have main outs.

The best bet is the Proteus, as it has a total of four sound ROM slots, so you can add the sound ROMs from the other modules and pack it full of sounds...

The Turbo Phatt have all of the Proteus 2K features and then some...

Back