Thread: production set up

Thanks

production set up

Sign in to disable this ad
    I been usin fruity loops to make tracks for about a year now,and i want to make some additions to my set-up.I want to be able to use my djx and alesis sr-16 as controllers in fl.export my loops into soundforge for editing and effects.then export them into acid for arranging,and do all my audio in cakewalk home studio.I got a pc with 510 mb of memory and am about to get a 120 gig hard drive.what else do i need for what i'm trying to accomplish?all help appreciated.
    "So don't get full of that alcohol in the club and thank you bad.Cause if yall niggas start ....ing up somebody gone kick ya ass."-C-loc

Thanks
    A midi interface,

plug said items into midi interface and control away.
    [b][url=http://home.netspeed.com.au/aistorm/]Sync˛ and Roland TR606 Mods[/url][/b]

[url=http://www.mp3.com.au/RythmEmulator/]Grab My tracks here[/url]

Thanks
    and how would i get my drum samples to correspond with the pads on the sr-16?
    "So don't get full of that alcohol in the club and thank you bad.Cause if yall niggas start ....ing up somebody gone kick ya ass."-C-loc

Thanks
    Originally posted by kauxion
    and how would i get my drum samples to correspond with the pads on the sr-16?
    If I'm not mistaken the Alesis Sr-16 has a midi out (correct me if I'm wrong.) If it does, then just like with the DJX, just go midi out from the sr-16 to the midi in on your sound card on your computer.

If you want the DJX and the sr-16 hooked up to midi at the same time without having to unplug one to plug in the other, I believe there’re midi interfaces that let's you accomplish this.

So basically if you have the software you mentioned, it just looks like you need a midi interface.

If worst comes to worst, use the DJX for midi and use a software drum machine and use your key boards as the pads (better option in my opinion."

Thanks
    would i need a mixer?I plan on getting a micro korg soon.

Thanks
    Originally posted by kauxion
    would i need a mixer?I plan on getting a micro korg soon.
    It depends on how may outputs you have. that will determine if you should use a mixer.

Unless you have a soundcard with a bunch of ins, plug all your gear into those and use direct monitoring.
    I dont read long posts....

Please Check Out The Links!
    my sound click page
    mikey cat sound click page

Thread Information