Pro Tools & FL Studio

N

Nomad

Can I record Fruity Loops synth sounds into a Pro Tools session? If so how do you set it up?

Just playback what you need in FL, so set everything in there and export into FL. Or I think you can rewire FL into PT also.

yeah the fruity loops 4.5 has rewire so you can rewire into fruity, but is very cpu intense. but you can do this load up an aux track and put fruity loops on to that then load up a audio track and bus the signal from the aux track into the audio track you can then record onto pro tools what you have on FL STUDIO then you can get rid of fl studio.
or you can run it thru rewire on an aux track and leave it up.
or you can do what sleepy said and create the wav file in fruity then import the wavs into pro tools. ( one thing when doing this you will want to get the best you can so save it as a 32 bit float wav file then in wavelab or soundfordge cut copy it down to 24 bit for pro tools, pro tools will convert from 44.1 to 96 or its better if you use 96 from fruity loops. also if the stuff yoour doing in fruity loops is not stereo then convert the stereo track that you get from frutiy into mono, eg alot of sample or bass, where when you save it as wav from fruity it will be a stereo file but the signal wont be. what i mean is both L and R will be playing the same signal but on L and R insted of mono, so convert to mono in soundfordge or wavelab to save tracks in pro tools, cause if its not a stereo sound then there is no point in using 2 channels.

Thanks for the help. I found this forum by chance and I'm glad I did.

I will try both methods and post results.

Back