Post Mortem : I got a EM-1

K

ket

So I got an EM-1, and I have to say it does exactly what I wanted it to do, I can fire off the x0x style beats saving my sampler and sound modules for other usage.

Im fairly impressed with what the box does for its price, and in some ways wished I had gotten into the electribes a bit before. At this point I most never will use it fully but thats cool.

I did not get a dr 770 for 2 reasons
1) Reviews on harmony central complained of heat problems after 15 mins (although the demo unit did not have a problem like that)

2) While its great for real drums, (i would even say the best) its not so great for sub bass, x0x and weird electro sounds

I did not get the EA-1 for 2 reasons as well
1) it lacked UMPH!!! its sounds where low, that could possibly be fixed running it through pre-amps or a mixer

2) the controls where inpercise.

If korg does an EA-2 Im sure I will own it... =)

I had a Dr. 770 to play around with during the summer and that thing got smokin hot, almost to the point of burning my hands. It didn't seem to affect anything though 'cause I left it on for a full day and it was fine.

It's also not that good for electronic music. Out of the many kits, only 6 or so of them are geared towards the electronic side of things. I suppose it's good if you like real drum sounds though.

I wish I had a new toy to play around with...:(

i was thinkin of gettin an EM-1....how is it? features? sounds? capabilities? midi? sequencing? blah blah....?

EM-1 My thoughts

I like the thing, ALOT...

I think it would rock in a live use situation, and I had alot of fun syncing it to the rm1x and mixing in and out of each one...

Sequencing wise its standard x0x 16 step sequencing.

A pattern can be up to 64 steps and you can chain patterns to songs, you can also switch patters with the 16 keys.

8 Drum parts 2 synth parts. I was completly supprised at the synth parts decent monophonic parts.

Sound quality is good, I wish it had seperate outs per instrument but that is not gonna happen...

I had it driving my waldorf microQ earlier and I was totaly lovin that..:) The delay effect is realy nice to work with, the other effects are in various degrees of usefullness.

Back