portable studio

A

alias_9

Since I have a labtop, and I'm on the go a lot, any of you guys/gals have any reccomendations for a portable studio? I'm looking into the akai mpd16 so I can program my drums live, any other ideas on what you think would be essential for a portable studio?

Umm...I ain't real familiar with portable studios, but since you're using a computer you can try this:

EZbus USB Digital recording system...its like $700 dollars..and it's not big (can put it in a carry bag) and comes with software...also, you should look into a soundcard/board if you don't have one already...

hope that helped

uhhh Mbox definitely... with FL4P and/or Reason... with a good MIDI Controller, Some headphones & a mic... definitely..

I would skip on the M-box. All you need is a echo I/O sound card. Fruity loops or reason. Then get you a wave editior like wavelab, audition, or soundforge. You can can get FL4.5, get the beat slicer and the soundfont player for like 200. The echo card for like 150, and if you look around you can find the soundforge 6.0(its up to 7)for like 80 and the keyboard for like 100. Thats only 450 bucks you can still throw in a portable turtable for like 100 and still have money left over. Then later you can cop a sorfware sampler like kontact or Mach five(out on the PC now)Thats the real portable set up

check out:

http://www.edirol.it/europe/products.asp?ct=2&gid=6&gruppo=Studio&id=12&la=UK

I've got the PCR-50 MIDI controller keyboard, with a usb connection, extremely handy and portable. Am getting M-audio FW410 (firewire) interface, small but powerful. I use a Mac laptop for my music, with Cubase sx as my main sequencer/editor and Reason 2.5 The setup you use depends quite alot on what you specificaly want to do...maybe location recordings? or are you always on the go, so just need something portable and conveniant...?

Nell x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back