Playing Drums

dirtysouth

Hey yall I need help I hit a platue I have been playing drums since I was 8 i was self taught I can keep a nice groove and I just need help I just suck I know rudiments and stuff but what can I do to practice to get better I try and practice but I am lost should I try and start jamming with a band to improve myself I am capable of playing for a band I just still not that good I can keep time or what ever.

Man, you should probably just break down and take some lessons and definately get in a band, choir, or something. I learned how to play by having a friend show me, but eventually i broke down and took lessons so i could learn how to read and really learn more.

I actually STILL take lessons:) I started with college percussion, took like 2 years, and then went to a independent drum school, and that is where i get my lessons now

Last edited:
I am a drummer, and at first I was self taught, but once I got to college, I started taking lessons and now I have improved so much just from taking lessons and learning( really learning) my rudiments. I'm not saying that is the only way to get better, but taking lessons really can help you.

I'm a drummer also, u can take lessons but they cost a lotta mula, if thats an issue u can do what i did, play along to records (soul, funk,hip hop, Reggae(ton), latin, jazz wateva) also find out who your music heroes listen for inspiration

myspace.com/drum3

Back