Placement of subwoofer w/ krk rp5 monitor?(pic included.)

S

SFSOUND

This is my first post ever on here and i found this website forum to be very helpful...I bought the krk rp 5 about 9 months ago and i love it....I mainly produce hip hop/r&b and i use lots of heavy bass ..I felt it was lacking that THUMP so i bought the the rp 10s subwoofer to go with it. I recently just hooked it up but i have no idea where to place it at...I'm horrible when it comes to acoustics but its something that i really want to get better at. some help will be appreciated as far as where should the subs be?...And what are bass traps?...The pic of my studio is fairly old my keyboards are now on the side.. The studio is in the basement and it takes about 1/4 of the room.. So there is lots of empty spaces on the right side of the pic and behind it. Thnx in advance...ALSO if anyone has a link to basics on studio acoustics i'll appreciate it alot..I still use the bathroom as the vocal booth. You can hear how the vocals come out on my myspace page.. THNX IN ADVANCE!!

848511331_l.jpg

848515062_l.jpg

Someone has been slacking on dusting thier gear!! =) Need to get on that, dusty gear can lead to some probloms!!! I dont know the exact, most optimal acustic point to place the woofer. I have always had good results placing mine directly in the middle of the 2 monitor locations on the floor. I know a few other guys running them the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always put the sub on the left either underneath the left speaker or a little more to the left of it.

Back