PC or Mac

topcat14

Im thinkin of gettin a new computer, i had a pc b4 and now im wonderin if i should get a Mac? i heard good things about them in the music sense just wanted to see if any of u would recommend that i get one or just stick with pc?

for music in the program sense MAC do usually perform better but when it comes to the ability to upgrade internal hardware thats when PC users usually will see the down fall in the switch
....thats one reason why one of my main comps. is a PC but an IBOOK is cool for FINALCUT when comes to making vids.

its always going to be personal perference...if you know some one who has a mac go check it out see how youl like it or got to an APPLE store

it's a personal choice. I work on a pc cause i like it most, but some prefer mac. A lot depends also on what you are gonna do with it. Do you need a lot of PCI slots, do you know how to tune a pc/mac for musicproduction, wich is your budget, ...

but the story that a mac is more stable is bull****, a good maintained pc is more stable than the buggy standard G5's mac sells now. a trashed pc full of spyware/unwanted processes/... is it of course not, and a G5 can be tweaked also to be as stable as a good maintained pc. Everything depends on how your pc/mac is operated.

but in general the following is a generalised fact

if you don't know a lot about ICT and have a big budget, get a mac
if you're a ICT expert, and got a small budget, get a pc.

of course, this is a generalisation.

agreed with that last post. it all depends on personal preference. dosen't really matter what brand you use if you use it to surf the web and do everything with your production computer, then you'll prolly infect everyones cd player with spyware and what not when they play your music. j/k but just make sure you have plenty of head room with upgrades. specilly ram and pci exspansions. never have enough ram when editing multiple tracks and using serveral vst plugins at the same time.

they make Apple computers to operate BOTH Windows and OSX... don't know whether you're just talking about specs or software... but i have a friend who has that laptop... he said it runs the same (performance-wise) when he's on either operating systems

Back