Patchbay information

Unbliss

HEY!

Anyboby can give me a Patchbay list???
Like .... Name / company / url...
and what is good or not

and is quality cables that important in a studio??
What is the impact on sound???
And what is a good Mic wire??

Thanks guys

Cable wise... Yes, good quality interconnects can infuence sound, especially in environments with lots of electromagnetic fields. Good shielded cables made with quality conductors and routed with common sense is best, although I don't personally subscribe to one brand... A lot of Monsters and few choice pieces from Bettercables are around right now. Before the "studio" project began, Monster was used eclusively in a couple car projects. (Love the lifetime warrenty.)

I'm interested to see some patch bay reccomendations... Good interconnects, easy labling points, neat design, etc... I'm sure there's something better than the Furmans I've been looking at (pretty basic).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=020921223619067117158073497538/search/g=home?q=Furman+Patch

I just need to be able to record less than a dozen instruments to my quattro without having to repatch all of the time. Is a patch bay what I need? I found that a mixer is overkill.

Neutrik has a reputation for making good patchbays.
But a small mixer might not be such a bad idea.
It would satisfy your current needs and allow for some expansion. It would give you additional pre-amps. And, it would allow you to record several signals simultaneously.
You'd still be re-patching with a patchbay; you just wouldn't have to get behind your equipment to do it. Plus, a patchbay wouldn't give you any of the aforenmentioned bonuses.
A good patchbay will run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $100. A pretty decent 6- or 8-track mixer shouldn't cost you that much more--especially if you "do it eBay!"

Back