Thread: organizing my home studio

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey, I've got most of the gear I need, and I know what I want to get to complete my studio... but I'm having a heck of a time setting it all up in a fashion that is space saving, ergonomic, and not expensive. What I would love to have is one of those studio workstation desks... but those are like $1000 :eek:

I have my keyboard, a xylophone, drumset, computer and an 8 space rack. (and all this has to share one room with my bed and 2 dressers :eek: )

my biggest problem is getting everything to fit close enough together so that I can reach it all with out having to move around too much.

any tips for setting up your equipment in a tight space?
    Last edited by dj funkifize; 10-27-2001 at 02:07 PM.
    ~

Thanks
    Get a chair with wheels

Thanks
    get a BIG desk!

IKEA has those desks which are simple yet super stable... get 2 of those and get a good chair too.

desk
    http://www.ikea-usa.com/product_pres...87608&type=ART

you can also get a rack.. to rack up most of your gear in there if needed... and either put the rack on one of the desks or on the floor

voila
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thanks
    c'mon, you haven't really got a xylophone.

KasioRoks

Thanks
    yes I do, it's a musser M63. 2.5 octaves

I'm a classical percussionist, and I'm actually starting to save up for a bigger one ...
    mmmm.... Musser Concert Grand Soloist ...*drooooool*...
    ~

Thanks

Cool

Originally posted by dj funkifize
    Hey, I've got most of the gear I need, and I know what I want to get to complete my studio... but I'm having a heck of a time setting it all up in a fashion that is space saving, ergonomic, and not expensive. What I would love to have is one of those studio workstation desks... but those are like $1000 :eek:

you can get a studio desk built for under $200. get a layout that you like from a company like omnirack, then go to home depot and have them do the cuts. all you have to do is get 1 or 2 support beams and some good desk screws

that desk was built for under $200. i'm paying a guy $200-350 to build me one like this one
    Last edited by LiL j; 10-29-2001 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    if you don't have $100-$300 to spend, go to office max and get some long tables, that always works and it should only cost $25 each table.

Thanks
    Just an update...
    I got everything organized ina neat fashion. I raised my bed off the floor so now I can store a lot of stuff under there. I put an L shaped desk with one side the whole length of my wall and the short side half the length of the other wall. I got shelves all over the place, and stuff stored underneath the desk. So far it's all fit nicely in place.
    I might post a picture of the setup once I get my room all cleaned.
    ~

Thanks
    What's up..
    I like the idea of getting an omnirax design and having home depot build it.. nice.

What kind gear do you have in that desk

Thanks
    just a thought,a people at home depot arent very smart and i wouldnt want to waste my money,buy the material and either build it yourself or hire a real craftsman if you dont have the skill.if your gonna custom build it ya cant beat the quality of a pro.fer real im an apprentice carpenter n those chumps at home depot r a bunch a dumbazzez......hope i helped
    -kale-

Thread Information