organizing my home studio

D

dj funkifize

Hey, I've got most of the gear I need, and I know what I want to get to complete my studio... but I'm having a heck of a time setting it all up in a fashion that is space saving, ergonomic, and not expensive. What I would love to have is one of those studio workstation desks... but those are like $1000 :eek:

I have my keyboard, a xylophone, drumset, computer and an 8 space rack. (and all this has to share one room with my bed and 2 dressers :eek: )

my biggest problem is getting everything to fit close enough together so that I can reach it all with out having to move around too much.

any tips for setting up your equipment in a tight space?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I do, it's a musser M63. 2.5 octaves

I'm a classical percussionist, and I'm actually starting to save up for a bigger one ...
mmmm.... Musser Concert Grand Soloist ...*drooooool*...

dj funkifize said:
Hey, I've got most of the gear I need, and I know what I want to get to complete my studio... but I'm having a heck of a time setting it all up in a fashion that is space saving, ergonomic, and not expensive. What I would love to have is one of those studio workstation desks... but those are like $1000 :eek:

you can get a studio desk built for under $200. get a layout that you like from a company like omnirack, then go to home depot and have them do the cuts. all you have to do is get 1 or 2 support beams and some good desk screws
attachment.php

attachment.php

that desk was built for under $200. i'm paying a guy $200-350 to build me one like this one

Last edited by a moderator:
if you don't have $100-$300 to spend, go to office max and get some long tables, that always works and it should only cost $25 each table.

Just an update...
I got everything organized ina neat fashion. I raised my bed off the floor so now I can store a lot of stuff under there. I put an L shaped desk with one side the whole length of my wall and the short side half the length of the other wall. I got shelves all over the place, and stuff stored underneath the desk. So far it's all fit nicely in place.
I might post a picture of the setup once I get my room all cleaned. :)

What's up..
I like the idea of getting an omnirax design and having home depot build it.. nice.

What kind gear do you have in that desk

just a thought,a people at home depot arent very smart and i wouldnt want to waste my money,buy the material and either build it yourself or hire a real craftsman if you dont have the skill.if your gonna custom build it ya cant beat the quality of a pro.fer real im an apprentice carpenter n those chumps at home depot r a bunch a dumbazzez......hope i helped:D

Back